When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need your help guys.

bvc

Ok....My 6.75 Brietling for Bentley is going back to Josh for the third time in 3 months. Its had 2 failed repairs and as a result Josh has graciously offered to refund me if I send it back to him. Now forgive me but I am just not comfortable. I am paranoid at the best of times and feel this time round it would be very convenient if it got lost or stolen on the way.

Not implying Josh is dodgy, Its just that I am not the luckiest guy in the world and it would be typical if it got lost and Josh washed his hands of it. Josh has said "send it back and I will refund" but 3rd time around, am I tempting fate? Not being funny but I dont wanna deal with the whole "package not recieved you better speak to customs" scenario.

Any ideas? Dont wanna lose $380

Just thinking about it I've really answered my own question. Either way I am b*ggered. I've got a worthless watch. (Cant wear it coz of the state of it, and I respect you guys to much to try and palm it off) So I suppose I have already lost my $. How's that for positivity!!!!

Oh Well any ideas or encouragement would be appreciated.

BVC.

If it was mine, I would do one of two things:

1. Try and get it fixed locally or by a trusted watchsmith

2. List the problems with the watch, and sell it at an appropriate price.

I never send anything back to China, too risky in my view, that you have had it sent back and forth 5 times now (twice each time including original purchase), I would not risk loosing everything.

RG

Ok....My 6.75 Brietling for Bentley is going back to Josh for the third time in 3 months. Its had 2 failed repairs and as a result Josh has graciously offered to refund me if I send it back to him. Now forgive me but I am just not comfortable. I am paranoid at the best of times and feel this time round it would be very convenient if it got lost or stolen on the way.

Not implying Josh is dodgy, Its just that I am not the luckiest guy in the world and it would be typical if it got lost and Josh washed his hands of it. Josh has said "send it back and I will refund" but 3rd time around, am I tempting fate? Not being funny but I dont wanna deal with the whole "package not recieved you better speak to customs" scenario.

Any ideas? Dont wanna lose $380

Just thinking about it I've really answered my own question. Either way I am b*ggered. I've got a worthless watch. (Cant wear it coz of the state of it, and I respect you guys to much to try and palm it off) So I suppose I have already lost my $. How's that for positivity!!!!

Oh Well any ideas or encouragement would be appreciated.

BVC.

There're some new watchsmiths available in the UK via the forum, might it be worth having it fixed, rather than running the gauntlett with customs?

Thanks guys, I think I am asking for trouble. Thing is Josh gives the "trust" line and that he has been ripped off loads by customers, so he cant just refund stuff without the watch in his hand. But something just says i am being a mug. havent got a leg to stand on. josh wants the watch first. I want the refund first. Stalemate. (In josh's favour coz the watch is shot) This time the brietling text on the face of the watch is worn away on the "B" it reads Rreitling for bentley. wont it need a whole new fitted movement and face to be fitted. Anyway its been back twice for repairs to the face. If Josh cant do it I dont think I could.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/b...pics/675031.jpg

I thought about sending it to someone josh trusted in england, they can confirm they have the watch, then josh can refund me. But I think that could be taken the wrong way by josh.

Thanks BVC.

Here're my thoughts on the scenario:

You paid Joshua for the watch before he had it shipped to you. It is not unreasonable to expect that trust to extend both ways. Given the amount of money dealers make on a watch, even if you were to keep the money and the watch (not saying you would, just saying if you were to) it's not as if it is going to bankrupt Joshua... To be honest, just because others have ripped him off in the past, there's no reason to assume that future clients will rip him off...

If the issue is simply faulty dial print, then might Joshua be able to send you a replacement dial by itself which you could then swap over... If the issue is only the dial, there'd be no need to replace the movement as well...

Best of luck with getting a happy resolution :good:

Here're my thoughts on the scenario:

You paid Joshua for the watch before he had it shipped to you. It is not unreasonable to expect that trust to extend both ways. Given the amount of money dealers make on a watch, even if you were to keep the money and the watch (not saying you would, just saying if you were to) it's not as if it is going to bankrupt Joshua... To be honest, just because others have ripped him off in the past, there's no reason to assume that future clients will rip him off...

If the issue is simply faulty dial print, then might Joshua be able to send you a replacement dial by itself which you could then swap over... If the issue is only the dial, there'd be no need to replace the movement as well...

Best of luck with getting a happy resolution :good:

Thanks The Zigmeister. I appreciate your comments.

Teejay I totally agree with you I paid my money

No problem, bro, I know what you mean about not wanting to ask for help, that's why I'd suggest asking for a replacement dial. It'll save you the worry of customs and returns, and it'll be a much cheaper expense for Joshua to be putting in the mail from his perspective. Also, it wouldn't be too hard for you to then swap the dial, or get a local watchsmith to replace for you. If there's nothing else wrong with the watch, it's not worth sending it back over :)

[Edit for spelling]

Just my .02, but Josh is on the square about that obviously as he has already done it for you 2 times already and he has made good. You have nothing to worry about with his word on stuff like that and I have 4 years of experience with every problem imaginable with him. The customs issue is another story. Why don't you voice your customs concern to Josh and see what he says? In other words, tell him you will ship the head and bracelet seperately or something a day apart so at least one figures to get there. Then try and make a deal with him that if customs seizes one of them he will know it wasn't you that burned him and then he will feel better about sending you a free watch. Trust me, he makes wheelbarrows full ofmoney and could care less about the watch - standard stuff, but if he doesn't know you real well he doesn't want to get burned for a free watch. He would send you one in every color if he knew you were on the square. That's just the way he is. Try it out and I bet he will come to a customs compromise with you. Just express your concern as you do here. He is more than a reasonable man...

If it was mine, I would do one of two things:

1. Try and get it fixed locally or by a trusted watchsmith

2. List the problems with the watch, and sell it at an appropriate price.

I never send anything back to China, too risky in my view, that you have had it sent back and forth 5 times now (twice each time including original purchase), I would not risk loosing everything.

Ditto.

Just my .02, but Josh is on the square about that obviously as he has already done it for you 2 times already and he has made good. You have nothing to worry about with his word on stuff like that and I have 4 years of experience with every problem imaginable with him. The customs issue is another story. Why don't you voice your customs concern to Josh and see what he says? In other words, tell him you will ship the head and bracelet seperately or something a day apart so at least one figures to get there. Then try and make a deal with him that if customs seizes one of them he will know it wasn't you that burned him and then he will feel better about sending you a free watch. Trust me, he makes wheelbarrows full ofmoney and could care less about the watch - standard stuff, but if he doesn't know you real well he doesn't want to get burned for a free watch. He would send you one in every color if he knew you were on the square. That's just the way he is. Try it out and I bet he will come to a customs compromise with you. Just express your concern as you do here. He is more than a reasonable man...

Fair comment. Though his repair guy must be blind coz the watch came with severely misaligned subdials. I sent it back. It was fixed and sent back to me with misaligned subdials and misaligned datewheels and a loose crown. I sent it back. It was fixed and sent back with misaligned datewheels, a loose crown and a worn away print on the face!!! Which is why I asked for a refund, Josh to his credit has agreed to give that refund, so fair play to the guy. Just I was so pre occupied with getting my money or a new watch back, I forgot about the customs issue.. Another point is this. I entrusted him on my 1st order with over $1000. It would have been nice if that trust was extended to me now I want a new watch or refund. I think Josh is pretty p*ssed with me coz he has offered a refund and not a replacement watch. Obviously the latter would have been cheaper for him. (Mind you not if it gets lost/stolen) So I think he wants shot of me. I actually love his website, his stock, his email response rate and his payment facilities If someone could just look at the bl**dy watches before they go out I would spend the kids inheritence with him.

Anyhoo ive emailed him about my customs concerns, I will keep those of you who are interested posted. :D

Thanks for your advice guys. Its really appreciated.

BVC.