When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 just arrived! Many Pics!

vmena

I decided to go for his model with SS from a trusted dealer, who confirmed he had the V3, with correct sub-dials, lume, double AR and non-crocked markers.

I have some concerns that I would like to share with you. Maybe it's me and my picky behavior but I'm no 100% I've got what I asked for (which easily might be just my mistake), so please share your thoughts and opinions. Will be very much appreciated. From my perspective these are the watch aspects I'm don't feel fully satisfied:

• Dial color: I though it was black light a strong coffee! but seems to be light dark. Maybe it's the way it should be.
  • Hour markers: Also I though thy were white like snow but they look like "dirty white" or more close to beige. Probably white was only in my mind.
  • Lume: V3 was suppose to have a strong lume... I find this one just a decent lume...
  • AR: Some times sems to be good for me, some others no... I'm clearly an undecided guy :D

Bracelet clasp is not easy to open or close. This is not a guess, it's a fact. -_-

So here are the pictures... feel free to comment:

IWC3717atarrival001.jpg

IWC3717atarrival002.jpg

IWC3717atarrival003.jpg

IWC3717atarrival007.jpg

IWC3717atarrival009.jpg

IWC3717atarrival013.jpg

IWC3717atarrival011.jpg

IWC3717atarrival015.jpg

IWC3717atarrival016.jpg

IWC3717atarrival019.jpg

IWC3717atarrival027.jpg

IWC3717atarrival029.jpg

IWC3717atarrival025.jpg

IWC3717atarrival034.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had 2 3717's around lately and had it side-2-side with my gen mk XVI

both had the same black colouring dial colour issue. when compared to the gen (which is deep-black) the 3717's looked rather grey. When you put the 3717 on your wrist though, this issue pretty much disappears ;-)

so totally agree... get a set of ETA DD-wheels, but preferably also the newer double-AR; this will really make your eyes roll once you get it back on your wrist. Can say this as I have been wearing an Ingy rep for quite some time and was always put-off by the shine. After getting a double-AR version now I know I should have done this before. It's even better than the AR on my gen mk XVI!!!

yep, its a great looking watch. In fact my all time fav looking watch!

i still need to get the D.AR done to mine. shame you cannot get a gen valjoux 7750 into the V2 or V3.

unless somebody believed there may be a possibility??

yep, its a great looking watch. In fact my all time fav looking watch!

i still need to get the D.AR done to mine. shame you cannot get a gen valjoux 7750 into the V2 or V3.

unless somebody believed there may be a possibility??

A swiss 7750 will fit into all versions of the 3717

Good to see you posting again too Vmena, haven't seen you around for a while or have I just missed the posts

Thanks b16a2! too much work and just a few time for hobbies...

both had the same black colouring dial color issue. when compared to the gen (which is deep-black) the 3717's looked rather grey

erwinner, I had the chance of comparing rep and gen dials side by side and both have the same color...this rare "pale" black.

I suppose if you're unhappy with the lume and AR you can always get it modded

asim and Pylon: yes, the AR upgrade is needed... my swiss SFSO has far a better AR than this.

A swiss 7750 will fit into all versions of the 3717

Yes, but only the hands from the old Asian 7750 fit the ETA.

Now, for your enjoyment, the watch on TWB leather strap with rep buckle. Nice, isn't it? ;)

IWC3717onstrap005.jpg

IWC3717onstrap004.jpg

.....the watch aspects I'm don't feel fully satisfied

Dial color: I though it was black light a strong coffee! but seems to be light dark. Maybe it's the way it should be.

Hour markers: Also I though thy were white like snow but they look like "dirty white" or more close to beige. Probably white was only in my mind.

Lume: V3 was suppose to have a strong lume... I find this one just a decent lume...

AR: Some times sems to be good for me, some others no... I'm clearly an undecided guy

I've had several gens in my hand and the color seems to differ every time. I think the black color of the gen dial is much influenced by the blueish AR. It changes under different light and different angles from dark black to greyish black. The gen dial also has a somewhat textured surface.

The hour markers and fonts are supposed to be clear white. On your pics unfortunately the fonts of 'IWC Schaffhausen' and the subdial fonts are too greyish and should be as clear white as the hour markers. But so far I haven't seen a rep dial correct in this way (even not V1).

Too bad the 3, 6 and 9 markers are still a tad too thick. But The Zigmeister can do a great job by replacing them with lume (see Chiefs pics)

I've had several gens in my hand and the color seems to differ every time. I think the black color of the gen dial is much influenced by the blueish AR. It changes under different light and different angles from dark black to greyish black. The gen dial also has a somewhat textured surface.

The hour markers and fonts are supposed to be clear white. On your pics unfortunately the fonts of 'IWC Schaffhausen' and the subdial fonts are too greyish and should be as clear white as the hour markers. But so far I haven't seen a rep dial correct in this way (even not V1).

Too bad the 3, 6 and 9 markers are still a tad too thick. But The Zigmeister can do a great job by replacing them with lume (see Chiefs pics)

I made those comments before having the opportunity of comparing mine with a gen side by side. Gen has also that light dark dial and the markers are also not clear white (anyway, in my pics I was not able to reproduce the correct color for markers and font). And believe me, you can not spot the thick of the markers even having rep and gen side by side unless you already now that flaw.

see, but that's the beauty with reps. you start to feel more and more "one" with the rep because you are trying to make it better and better. In most cases, esp with the 3717, the rep by default looks 95%, added with ETA DW= 98%, double AR= 99% and in the eventuality of a A7750 with S7750 swap you get yourself a 99.5% rep. you can just add more and more, the percentage always goes up. there is always excitement etc..

how's the quality of the steel on this one? from my noob experience, i tend to find the steel on rep watches shine quite differently than the steel on gen. this is especially obvious when you have gen and rep side by side under the light (like those for display at the AD). i wonder if it has to do with the level of polishing done or the innate quality of the steel being used.