When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally got myself a SOSF

SportsterRider

After having my Skyland for a few weeks, I finally broke down and bought the SOSF I had been looking at for over a year. I went with the white dial version (thought it'd be nice to have something other than a black dial watch) and I have a question for those who have one:

Is the dial supposed to be refrigerator white, or off white? The dial on mine is almost a creme color similar to the creme dial Explorer II. Looking at the pictures on the website and some posted here, that doesn't seem correct. I want to be sure before contacting my dealer for a replacement dial.

Thanks!

"search and ye shall find"...........

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;hl=steelfish

post-16947-1231288487_thumb.jpg

my SOSF was inspired by Pugwash...and the dial is white...snow white...

enjoy - R

After having my Skyland for a few weeks, I finally broke down and bought the SOSF I had been looking at for over a year. I went with the white dial version (thought it'd be nice to have something other than a black dial watch) and I have a question for those who have one:

Is the dial supposed to be refrigerator white, or off white? The dial on mine is almost a creme color similar to the creme dial Explorer II. Looking at the pictures on the website and some posted here, that doesn't seem correct. I want to be sure before contacting my dealer for a replacement dial.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Check an AD if you can. There's so many things that can go wrong trying to compare colours on a computer given colour limitations with browsers, colour space, monitor calibration, etc. I find it hard to believe the factories screwed up the colour on the dial paint shade between batches that members here have received...then again, there's a first for everything. There are many shades of fridge white...same as snow white...yellow snow too for that matter. ;)

Interesting point.

I purchased a rep white SOSF and it arrived just before Christmas.

I am very new to this hobby and am still not sure what i should be looking for.

Getting to the point...........my dial is a cream colour, not even close to white. I was expecting it to be a lot closer to white (or why bother calling it white). I like the watch and it works well but I would be a bit miffed if I did wear it out and the colour of the dial is an immediate tell. I'm not trying to mislead anyone but I also don't want 'Rep' screaming out to eveyone!

I won't identify my dealer at this stage as I don't think that would be appropriate. I'll do some checking on his website and the Breitling website to see whether there is a major discrepancy.

Perhaps, if at least two of us have this creamy colour then it is likely others will as well.

I'll report back after doing some research.

I check a gen Steelfish at an AD in my holidays. The dail ist NOT white - although it looked liked in the catalog white. It is a bright cream colour. The flash of a camera and the bright light make the dial look white on pictures.

Gen pic.

lgim039778fb.jpg

Edited by geestyleed

I talked to my dealer and sent him a picture of the dial. He agreed that it's not supposed to look like this and is sending a replacement dial (excellent customer service, as usual).

Here are some shots of the dial. You can see that there is something staining the dial - kinda like coffee or tea stains, especially around the rehaut.

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

DSC01497.jpg