When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Canuck Joining - Hi Everyone!

zztop

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I only discovered this site earlier today. I was recently on vacation in India and my cousin gave me a genuine Longines watch which has rekindled my fascination. I've never really done more than day-dream as the prices of the watches worth owning are too high. However, later that day after my cousin gave me the Longines I went to a market and saw a whole slew of replicas and they were so incredibly convincing to look at.

I ended up picking up a Montblanc Timewalker SS with black face w/ working chronograph and I spend lots of time just looking at it. I have a feeling the bug has bit me hard, so I wanted to learn more about this hobby and I'm so glad I found you guys.

I almost ordered a watch from exactreplicas.com, but decided to do as much digging on the internet as I could just in case it was a scam. I also sent an inquiry by email and no response so that put my guard up even higher.

Lo and behold I find them on your scam list, so even before becoming a member you have provided value. I will read as much as I can and "use the search function newbie" before asking any questions (I've read enough to figure that much out at least!).

I reside in Canada near Toronto and I see that there are quite a few fellow canucks here - perhaps one day I will join in on a local GTG.

Anyways, there's my introduction.

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I only discovered this site earlier today. I was recently on vacation in India and my cousin gave me a genuine Longines watch which has rekindled my fascination. I've never really done more than day-dream as the prices of the watches worth owning are too high. However, later that day after my cousin gave me the Longines I went to a market and saw a whole slew of replicas and they were so incredibly convincing to look at.

I ended up picking up a Montblanc Timewalker SS with black face w/ working chronograph and I spend lots of time just looking at it. I have a feeling the bug has bit me hard, so I wanted to learn more about this hobby and I'm so glad I found you guys.

I almost ordered a watch from exactreplicas.com, but decided to do as much digging on the internet as I could just in case it was a scam. I also sent an inquiry by email and no response so that put my guard up even higher.

Lo and behold I find them on your scam list, so even before becoming a member you have provided value. I will read as much as I can and "use the search function newbie" before asking any questions (I've read enough to figure that much out at least!).

I reside in Canada near Toronto and I see that there are quite a few fellow canucks here - perhaps one day I will join in on a local GTG.

Anyways, there's my introduction.

wecome zztop, I'm also new here. my intro was yesterday. I'm from Detroit and we use to go to Toronto 2-3 times a year. We use to hang out on young St, it was a lot of fun. This site is the mother load, the infomation here is invaluable. I also almost bought a watch from exactreplicas. Did some research. OMG there is a complaint board.com with six pages of people who were riped off. :nono: Stick with the recomended dealers on RWG. :1a::good: Hope you enjoy your stay here :) Mike