When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Pluton!

mastergod

The Pluton is a cool watch! Seems like a good buy. At about 40mm, these are big enough even by todays standard.

Is is getting old enough to be "vintage" for those of us who grew up in the eighties! :lol:

The "Pluton" name is strangely from a series of French nuclear missiles.. Don't know if I like that!

I have had three of these:

P2200270.jpg

Navitimer Quartz, next to a BCE replica

DSC_3906.jpg

Pluton

DSC_2490.jpg

Last, the "Intruder", even though the dial is marked "Chronographe Reveil". This was the last model in this line. Sadly, it does not have the loong seconds hand, but it is the most impressive watch in the line. :)

The Pluton series might not be the most collectible Breitling, but at about the same price as a good replica, it makes for a very reliable and good beater! It various functions makes it very useful.

1995saleshandbookpluton5nj.jpg

This model was discontinued about 2000. As new, it was about the same price as a Colt SuperOcean.

Seems they normally fetch about 750-1000 USD according to the bay/watchuseek/mwf etc. I really do suspect that the ana-digi thing makes it an "ugly duckling" in a "digital bad - mechanical good" kind of way. IMO its highly practical, this

Congrats on your new "New Pluton". :D

My old "Navitimer Quartz" had a partially black lcd-display, but the nice seller put me in touch with a guy who had an old Pulsar with the same movement.

The swap was easy, I even changed the bridge with the Breitling sticker so it stayed all original Breitling.

Wear it well!

love my t touch, you can get really good deals on them, but i went for the carbon fiber polished titanium model had to pay real top dollar

Yes, the t-Touch seems to be one of the watches I really like, but never get around to buy... It will remain as one of the Iconic watches of the nineties! The newer, bigger version is a stunner!

Nothing wrong with quartz! Too bad there are not more good quartz-replicas.. The excellent Tag Heuer Formula 1 chrono replica is the only one I can think of.. :)