When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Safari received from Josh!

mikolee

Guys i have received my ap roo safari from josh and i am blown away with the quality. everything is spot on and being the owner of several gen watches like a HB Bb the quality of this is superb! nothing seems wrong with the watch. it is constructed of superior materials and the weight is very nice and hefty. my father has the Gen white themes and i let him handle the watch to get his opinions. he scrutinized everything and couldnt find anything wrong with it. of course i did not tel him it was real, all i asked him was to see if there was any dust in the dial:) passed the test

second test is i have drinks with my buddy who is the gen manager of a luxury retail watch shop (ap one of his brands) let him inspect my watch i drop an opening line and tel him first that i think my watch is fake coz i got it well below the msrp without box and papers. he inspects the watch for 5 mins, tries the chrono features. at this point im expecting one of the hands to fall off. luckily it dint. he said it was genuine from observing watch but would like to open the watch to verify. i then admitted it was a rep. NO F#@$IN WAY!!! THE CASE AND DIAL HAS TO BE AT LEAST GEN....... that made my day.:)

now im thinking fo getting a mbw since they say the quality is superior. cant imagine it more superior than this but my curiosity is killing me. only thing stopping me is the sec @6 or was that 9? if they had a sec at 12 il be all over it without even hesitating. anyway for you guys are the mbw aproo superior to the a+ china clones? TIA

here ya go. breathtaking in person. cant wait for my 2nd piece. my only concern is side by side with a gen the reps case is a tad thicker, than a titanium model ROO. can anyone confirm?

3190622868_6ca03ff87f.jpg

3190622918_de5807c08a.jpg

3190622914_73986f5dec.jpg

3190622900_abb6316a6e.jpg

3190622888_c4945881ea.jpg

congrats on your purchase, I love mine so much.

I believe 1mm thicker

not in anyway trying to rain on your parade, I hate when the boys here did it to me. the truth is we are looking at close up pics and 1mm in difference, for the most part these things cant be scene while it is on your wrist. its gorgeous , enjoy it....

perhaps the lighting on your pic, but your dial appears a bit white no?

here is a Gen

post-18322-1231745014_thumb.jpg

Edited by goodfella0406

Great post.

I still think Safari is the one NOT to get because it is quite far of from the real deal but overall ROO secs at 12 quality is amazing.

Oh and you can forget the MBW. Sec@12 is MUCH better.

Your friend who deals with AP watches must not be knowledgable at all about ROOs if he can't tell your Safari is a rep.

The all-white dial is a gimmie and the fake strap it came with is another. The gen hornback strap that comes with the Safari can not be rep'ed at all in a quality that looks like the gen.

Let me know if you want an AP BAND.....I have a few to sell!

I'd rather get Strapluxe AP ROO straps than AP Bands.

Your friend who deals with AP watches must not be knowledgable at all about ROOs if he can't tell your Safari is a rep.

The all-white dial is a gimmie and the fake strap it came with is another. The gen hornback strap that comes with the Safari can not be rep'ed at all in a quality that looks like the gen.

I'd rather get Strapluxe AP ROO straps than AP Bands.

well in a bar having drinks its highly unlikely he would have shone it under the light to see the color of the bezel. like i said in the 5 mins he inspected it everything looked spot on. now brining it to the shop and having it compared to an array of watches is something else.

since you already have a leather strap with your rep Safari, a conversion kit is not needed for ap bands or strapluxe straps (assuming your rep strap is the exact dimensions at the lugs as a gen strap).

if i am wrong, someone please correct me

thanks man i hope you are right:)

those black croc with red stitching from strapluxe looks awesome. i also saw an original perforated calf skin strap with blue sticthing to look very cool. anyone know who make these aero style perforated straps?

i just ordered another black themes ss from josh to complement my safari. i want to see if the steel bracelet is as good as they say it is

sorry for the double post.

just another observation, the number on the caseback plate: no#8250, seems that all the reps have this number. so i guess even a newb can remember this number and he would know if one is a rep by looking at the caseback number:)

Edited by mikolee

i would not call it rubbish, its actually not that bad at all

Unfortunately it is rubbish. If you have ever seen one of the replacement bands sold by AP Bands you would see how poor the rep band is. No disrespect intended but the rough unfinished backing of the strap in your photo is a dead giveaway of a typical cheap rep strap. That is supposed to be a 20k plus watch and it has a $20 strap on it. That is a nice watch but far from a perfect rep. It has visible flaws.

Unfortunately it is rubbish. If you have ever seen one of the replacement bands sold by AP Bands you would see how poor the rep band is. No disrespect intended but the rough unfinished backing of the strap in your photo is a dead giveaway of a typical cheap rep strap. That is supposed to be a 20k plus watch and it has a $20 strap on it. That is a nice watch but far from a perfect rep. It has visible flaws.

should i change the strap what would your recommendations be?

should i change the strap what would your recommendations be?

Well you basically have 2 legit choices if you are going aftermarket for AP ROO:

1) AP Bands - someone on this board really hates their straps. Who was it? you might want to ask them why

2) StrapLuxe - only have croc straps

3) Oracle Straps - cheapest route but dont offer croc straps

On a safari, I think you have to get a croc strap for it to look the sweetest and the most gen. appearance.

Well you basically have 2 legit choices if you are going aftermarket for AP ROO:

1) AP Bands - someone on this board really hates their straps. Who was it? you might want to ask them why

2) StrapLuxe - only have croc straps

3) Oracle Straps - cheapest route but dont offer croc straps

On a safari, I think you have to get a croc strap for it to look the sweetest and the most gen. appearance.

thank you sir! you saved me a lot of searches. but yes i have been thinking of either the ap bands or strapluxe. they ap bands with the adapters are quite pricey but worth it. more than what im willing to spend as i pulled the trigger on a SS BLACK THEMES ss bracelet:)

regarding the ap bands or strapluxe, is it a straightforward swap or would i need the adapters? from what i gathered the strap luxe watches will not need them but the ap bands will need the oem adapters to attach to the watch.