When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Safari received from Josh!

mikolee

should i change the strap what would your recommendations be?

I changed the straps on my AP's and it made a complete difference in how the watch looks. I like the APBands alligator straps and can only comment on them. I am very happy with the ones I purchased and recommend them for a replacement but they are not cheap. I can't comment on other brands or suppliers as I have no experience with them. Cheers

Along the lines of swapping the metal bracelet on the AP ROO. Has anyone used the rubber strap offered by Angus or Andrew? Curious to know if the conversion kit which comes with the rubber straps would work with the aftermarket straps (StrapLuxe, AP Bands, etc...)?

Along the lines of swapping the metal bracelet on the AP ROO. Has anyone used the rubber strap offered by Angus or Andrew? Curious to know if the conversion kit which comes with the rubber straps would work with the aftermarket straps (StrapLuxe, AP Bands, etc...)?

i just purchased a used ap bands strap from phoman and it came with the ap bands kit. i will try the strap with my existing watch from josh without trying the conversion pieces from ap. . il have updates soon

i just purchased a used ap bands strap from phoman and it came with the ap bands kit. i will try the strap with my existing watch from josh without trying the conversion pieces from ap. . il have updates soon

there has been some talk of getting the endlinks from oracle straps which is around 90-100 but I'm not sure how they fit AP bands or luxe.

To comment on AP bands, I purchased one of their straps and the quality was not superb considering the price. I purchased their buckle which did not fit the tiny holes in their strap and had to enlarge the holes myself. The stitching has become frayed (with infrequent wear).

there has been some talk of getting the endlinks from oracle straps which is around 90-100 but I'm not sure how they fit AP bands or luxe.

To comment on AP bands, I purchased one of their straps and the quality was not superb considering the price. I purchased their buckle which did not fit the tiny holes in their strap and had to enlarge the holes myself. The stitching has become frayed (with infrequent wear).

thats discouraging

I changed the straps on my AP's and it made a complete difference in how the watch looks. I like the APBands alligator straps and can only comment on them. I am very happy with the ones I purchased and recommend them for a replacement but they are not cheap. I can't comment on other brands or suppliers as I have no experience with them. Cheers

me personally before i would spend the $$ on a new apbands strap, i'd have hktan build me a custom strap, similar in price and you can have it made as thick thin long tapered colored anyway you can imagine.

you would still need a buckle or deployant and the appropriate connectors.

the way i'm looking at it, if your rep came on a strap, then you just unscrew the screws in the leather strap, through the other on and done. I had a AP ROO that had an apbands strap on it, but ordered the rubber strap thats being offered now - pretty much a straight easy swap out.

i'm hoping mikeolee enjoys his strap, i think he got a very nice price for a used ap bands strap 100 bucks !! :)

one thing i do like about the ap bands is they are nice and soft and comfy.

DAMN!!! you really bought an ap bands buckle for you ROO? Their buckles are the ugliest around and for that price....man I am disappointed in you

me personally before i would spend the $$ on a new apbands strap, i'd have hktan build me a custom strap, similar in price and you can have it made as thick thin long tapered colored anyway you can imagine.

yeah...but is it worth waiting MONTHS and MONTHS just to get your strap? I wouldnt.

and I do not think HKTAN has those protective inserts in his AP ROO straps like StrapLuxe or APBands.

wasnt there actually a gen offshore with black numbers and a white dial?

I seem to remember something about it. Just would be sad if everyone who ordered a safari, would through them on a shelf for eternaty, because of the flaws.

wasnt there actually a gen offshore with black numbers and a white dial?

I seem to remember something about it. Just would be sad if everyone who ordered a safari, would through them on a shelf for eternaty, because of the flaws.

i was thinking of this as well, white themes maybe? but the white themes has light colored numbers pale green instead of black?? i am removing the strap of the safari and changing it to a black one so as not to confuse it with the safari:)

just got a black themes with ss bracelet , this one is more accurate but have to get used to the bracelet. there are some minor issues though......

another noted difference is the background of the datewheel.....I have not seen any AP ROO with white background and black letters....I may be mistaken.....I have only seen datewheels with a light beige colored (similar to two tone rolex) background with the black date. .....anyone up for a new project? :)