When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions needed V2 or V3 DSD

rolexconfuse

I read about the flaws and differences on V2 and V3 my only question is which one should I go for? All the DSD pictures are super close ups but from a distance of 1-2 foot (every day wear) would the skinner fonts on the bezel of the V3 really be that noticeable? Is it so bad that after one look at a gen from an AD that you would spot the difference 3 days later if someone was wearing the rep? I'm inclined to go for the V3 because it's Lum is actually more like the gen.

The Watcheden watch is a V3.

I recommend a V3 with the Asian ETA clone. Or, if you're on a tight budget, the 21J version appears to be the same as the ETA-clone version. Although the bezel font on the V3 is a tad thin, it's still a much better rep overall. V2 had a couple of other problems. I believe the clasp was one. Some guys say it pops open on its own.

Here is my V3 next to the GMT-II C. Bezel font does not look to thin here, IMO. (It's not supposed to be as thick as the GMT.)

3158890728_213a67de67_o.jpg

Edited by AllergyDoc

The Watcheden watch is a V3.

I recommend a V3 with the Asian ETA clone. Or, if you're on a tight budget, the 21J version appears to be the same as the ETA-clone version. Although the bezel font on the V3 is a tad thin, it's still a much better rep overall. V2 had a couple of other problems. I believe the clasp was one. Some guys say it pops open on its own.

Here is my V3 next to the GMT-II C. Bezel font does not look to thin here, IMO. (It's not supposed to be as thick as the GMT.)

3158890728_213a67de67_o.jpg

It was good of you to post the photo of these two watches side by side. I really shows the size difference in meaningful way. Thanks.

i have the V3 and the one thing i cant stand is that the bezel insert is so shiny that it always looks grey instead of black (so much light reflection) compared to any other sub bezel insert.... i wonder if a V2 insert is different in that regard?

I am in the same boat. Not sure which one to order. Watch eden has a extra promotion. You get the regular $ 20 coupon plus another $ 20 coupon if you cna be patient. They have a holiday and the watch will not ship till Fed 2nd. The 21j costs $ 148 minus the $ 40 in coupons it will cost you $ 108 delivered (up to 14 days to USA) to your house. The only negative is the the crystal is mineral on the 21J and the movement is a a bit choppy but should be as reliable as the Asian ETA clone. I would get the Swiss ETA but have ordered and paid for it int he past and had a dead watch in a few weeks. I then take the back off the watch and find it is the Asian Clone. Guys take off their back cases and take pics for the internet and I can see I got ripped off.

I don't have any trust anymore.

Steve

I am in the same boat. Not sure which one to order. Watch eden has a extra promotion. You get the regular $ 20 coupon plus another $ 20 coupon if you cna be patient. They have a holiday and the watch will not ship till Fed 2nd. The 21j costs $ 148 minus the $ 40 in coupons it will cost you $ 108 delivered (up to 14 days to USA) to your house. The only negative is the the crystal is mineral on the 21J and the movement is a a bit choppy but should be as reliable as the Asian ETA clone. I would get the Swiss ETA but have ordered and paid for it int he past and had a dead watch in a few weeks. I then take the back off the watch and find it is the Asian Clone. Guys take off their back cases and take pics for the internet and I can see I got ripped off.

Steve

I can see the 20$ new year coupon but what is the "regular" 20$ coupon. Can they be used for the same order ?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Jackie Chen can get you an excellent price and he's right here! Just email him and ask for his best price. I don't know if you'll get the excellent Christmas special price I and some others got, but you might be surprised!

Jackie Chen can get you an excellent price and he's right here! Just email him and ask for his best price. I don't know if you'll get the excellent Christmas special price I and some others got, but you might be surprised!

I will wait till jacky gets back from Vacation and I am back from my Job traveling. He said he would be back by Fed 15th.

I am not sure if he has a return policy like Watch Eden does. If I get a dead watch I am willing to send it back but don't want the same one back. In t he past I sent back a dead time peice back and forth to China and the shipping was getting big.

Steve

Just get the Asian clone version and i would go with the v3 becasue it has the correct clasp with the little indent etc. No WM9 doesnt make one of these. Maybe later in 2009 but it wont be anytime soon.