When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What a great community we have here

RobbieG

Again today I had the pleasure of making the beginnings of another personal friendship with a long time "old school" member as Lani would call us. This time it was Lazarini who reached out to me from Eastern Europe (well kind of...) via Skype. I had some time to kill and got on a call with him and we talked for maybe an hour an a half about life, business, and you guessed it - watches, watches, and more watches. Isn't it cool the common bond we share and thanks to modern technology it is literally easy to just connect with virtually anyone from any walk of life.

I'll tell you, with my health scare of late I am just more and more thankful for the little gifts. Between the heart felt responses from all of you on the board when I returned, another good talk with Lani that week as always, and now today turning another long time forum friend into the beginnings of another more personal friendship, I must say I continue to grow to appreciate RWG even more as time goes by. Such a great group of people we have here.

So thanks to Laz for a great conversation and thanks to all of you for making this place what it is. And I would also like to offer that my Skype is always open and I'm pretty much always near the machine day and night so ring me up if the mood strikes you. I'm sure like all the rest so far it will be my pleasure to make your aquaintance. Especially the old schoolers who I feel like I know personally already. And I also recommend to all of you doing so with other forum friends as well. I think you will be amazed as I have at how cool it is to put a voice with the handle.

Cheers,

R

I know exactly what you mean Robbie I have made good friends with quite a few members, two of them I often have long conversations with swdivad and Jawo.

I have met swdivad on a couple of occasions and plan to do so more and Jawo, if he lived locally, would be one of my best buddies as we get along so well.

Of course the list of guy's that I share PM's with is far to long to put down here and I wouldn't do it because I would be afraid of leaving someone off, but as I have said before, I love watches but I'm here for the people so it's all this interaction that makes the place special for me.

Ken

I know exactly what you mean Robbie I have made good friends with quite a few members, two of them I often have long conversations with swdivad and Jawo.

I have met swdivad on a couple of occasions and plan to do so more and Jawo, if he lived locally, would be one of my best buddies as we get along so well.

Of course the list of guy's that I share PM's with is far to long to put down here and I wouldn't do it because I would be afraid of leaving someone off, but as I have said before, I love watches but I'm here for the people so it's all this interaction that makes the place special for me.

Ken

Yeah, the PM's are one thing and we all do that more often I'm sure with our forum friends but isn't it especially cool when you turn the corner and start talking with audio and/or in person. It is fun to be able to put the voice with it and here someone express themselves via another medium as a change.

And thanks Shawn. I really do get a sense that my friends here are truly concerned for my well being and it means a lot to me. To that end, I'm proud to say that if there is ever anything any of the crew here needed or I could help them in any way, I hope they would never hesitate to ask.

First, I'm glad you just had a "scare" and not something serious Robbie. Where would my money go if it were not for the awsome pictures you and many others on this forum put up to tempt me daily... sometimes hourly. :( Next, I've had the pleasure of exchanging a few quick PM's with Laz and he's a stand up guy. There are many other members on this forum that I'd love to throw down a few with. It really is great to know that we can come together from all over the world, from all walks of life because of this hobby of ours.

The Toad tells it like it is! You reap what you sow.

I don't know you personally Robbie, but I know you are very well respected around here and that counts for an awful lot in my book! I have made a couple of friends in the short time I've been here and hope to continue making them for a long time yet!!

I don't know you personally Robbie, but I know you are very well respected around here and that counts for an awful lot in my book!

Yeah, I guess I am pretty much most of the time - except when I get the occasional hankerin' for winding up the RobbieG haters like tops in the Loonie Bin. :black_eye::bicycle::bangin:=@