When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak 15300

Guest Sql_pl

I've been browsing numerous web places for dofferent watches and noticed an interesting thing - gen 15300 APs started to be really affordable selling between 6500-7500 usd.

That's quite a great price for almost new complete APs.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

But I have to say I have mixed opinions about this model.

I am not sure i plain regular time and date AP is what would be best for me and I also think they were wrong making the case of the 15300 thicker than it used to be in regular royal oaks.

orig.jpg

The 3120 moement also slooks a bit weird being quite small when compared to the case size....

orig.jpg

MiscPictures384.jpg

The details seem to be amazing:

MiscPictures385.jpg

MiscPictures390.jpg

What do you guys think about 15300?

Firstly, the attention to detail on AP's is incredibe. They are very nicely finished (as you would expect from a high end brand)

However, with the RO series, the basic date model struggles to grap my attention. It looks so nice in the pictures, but whenever I see it on the wrist it just just doesn't sit right. I think it's because for me it is a cross between the size and appearance of a Rolex Datejust and the case of an IWC Ingy, and the two just don't combine well for me.

If I were to buy an AP RO, it would have to be the ROO Chrono, the size and the chrono's suit the shape of the case better in my opinion.

I would definitely take a pass on that model. I own an older 36mm date (two tone though) and it gets no wrist time. With $7k you can do a lot better with any number of brands. As people have said, the JLC and Chopard's are trading at huge discounts and they have in-house movements. I even think you are getting close to the IWC Ingy with the big movement in it as they are plummeting. If you are inclined toward Big Bangs they are headed there as well. There are too many things good out there and I still believe waiting is the prudent thing to do irrespective of having the money today. I am a believer that we are in a deflationary environment for at least a ouple of quarters. Many folks who own the higher end watches are unfortunately looking at selling the watch to pay the mortgage. I also would be looking for limited editions of whatever you buy for better upside on the upswing.

I serously considered buying the gen. Ive got the mbw version, and i wear it all the time. If you like it, you should definetly go for it.

The royal oak jumbo, is the perfect mix between dress and sportwatch. It sits nicely under a shirt, but still has the right amount of masculin look.

I call mine the discoball, because it really glitters in the sun.

For me this is the perfect "daily" beater.