When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so who orders from Ofrei ?

cableguy

So I ordered 2 pushers and a refinishing bar on the 14th of Dec.

he shipped 1 pusher and the bar a few days after my order and the other one said "backorder" will ship asap. I sent 1 email about 2 weeks ago asking for an update and never got a reply. Guess I'll call tomorrow with the invoice # and see whats up, but reading about Ofrei on here seems he has a dont bother me attitude. Thoughts?

anyone else ordered any Daytona pushers in the last month?

*crossing fingers*

Bob's one of the biggest douchebags I've ever dealt with...I basically used AmEx to wage war on him after he called me a few times to tell me my part wasn't in stock and there was no way I was ever getting the $458.93 refund since he "Spent way too much time looking for it"... he called apologizing and asking me to "call the whole thing off"... I got my money back through AmEx... I wouldn't have been so mad except for the fact that I placed an order and heard nothing for a month....then to be verbally abused for sending an email that said "Hi! I'm wondering about the status of item xxxx... thanks, S"

Ordered some Omega parts from him early this month. Shipped 2 days after payment was made.

In fact the parcel spent more time in my local customs than it did in transit. Guess the availability of the parts plays a part in their response time. Might be beginner's luck as well.

Cheers

Siesta181

:lol: i must say you had more luck wi Ofrei than our sickening customs, eh dude? :p looking forward to admiring your franken soon!

That's Otto all over. Sometimes you just can't help but to use him but oi vey, NEVER ask where stuff is if you want to see it eventualy. He has been known to send a $200 invoice for wasting his time in responce to emails. TTK ain't got nothing on Otto. Your stuff will turn up eventualy tho. No doubt of that. Yes, I think he [censored] Jules off as well thus the split. Jules has been cheaper of late as well.

Col.

The guys at Offrei really hate "amateurs" - people without a WOSTEP cert and 20 years experience as a full time watchmaker. If you're not one of their business accounts you get put on the back burner and they take care of it whenever. Bob really doesn't think people should be allowed to work on their own watches when "professional" watch techs don't have enough work.

The auto parts business used to be like that 30 years ago. If you did your own tune-ups you were just a cheapskate trying to cheat some mechanic out of work that rightfully should be his. They'd give you the wrong parts on purpose just to waste your time (I know, my uncle ran a parts shop)

I used to order my stuff from Ofrei, that was until Boob called me and decided to teach me a lesson in watch material ordering.

Since then, I have found a supplier that I have been using for 4 years, and have easily spent $1000's of my dollars with, they are fast - I get my orders in 2 days, they are friendly and professional, and they treat me like a CUSTOMER not like a turd like Boob Frei does...

What goes around will come around, BOOB wants to only deal with "Pro's", I guess someone needs to tell him that the total amount of watchmakers in the USA is probably not above 5000...the British Horological Institute has ONLY 3000 members, and with more manufacturer's keeping everything in-house, his clientel is slowly but surely dying or retiring off.

He's living in the past, and thinks that time is on his side, but look around, companies that have been around and highly successful for many years are failing. Treating your customers like crap, isn't the way forward.

People have a choice, I excercised mine and found a new supplier and have never looked back.

Ofrei are also crooked, my postage would be marked as $6.20 on the package, he would charge me over twice that amount, parts would be incorrect or missing from my order, they would ignore my emails and I still have outstanding parts and tools they owe me.

Boob Frei serves one purpose, he's a laugh when you get him going, I have fun with him hoping that I'll make him pop a gasket one day. I think he needs to take some Prozac or something...

RG

I agree on the rip off on shipping. They said to pick the Fed Ex option for Hawaii shipping and it would be sent out via USPS and adjusted.

they charge me 11.80 for a $4.85 package shipped thru USPS bastids.

I did call today and speak to a lady (Sharon was not in today) and she said they would call me when the part comes in. I'd like to order it from somewhere else BUT I'm affraid that I'll end up with 2 pushers that dont match? *sigh*

I have a few months before the watch gets shipped to Canada, lets hope I get my part or get a matching one from another place.

• 1 month later...
I used to order my stuff from Ofrei, that was until Boob called me and decided to teach me a lesson in watch material ordering.

Since then, I have found a supplier that I have been using for 4 years, and have easily spent $1000's of my dollars with, they are fast - I get my orders in 2 days, they are friendly and professional, and they treat me like a CUSTOMER not like a turd like Boob Frei does...

What goes around will come around, BOOB wants to only deal with "Pro's", I guess someone needs to tell him that the total amount of watchmakers in the USA is probably not above 5000...the British Horological Institute has ONLY 3000 members, and with more manufacturer's keeping everything in-house, his clientel is slowly but surely dying or retiring off.

He's living in the past, and thinks that time is on his side, but look around, companies that have been around and highly successful for many years are failing. Treating your customers like crap, isn't the way forward.

People have a choice, I excercised mine and found a new supplier and have never looked back.

Ofrei are also crooked, my postage would be marked as $6.20 on the package, he would charge me over twice that amount, parts would be incorrect or missing from my order, they would ignore my emails and I still have outstanding parts and tools they owe me.

Boob Frei serves one purpose, he's a laugh when you get him going, I have fun with him hoping that I'll make him pop a gasket one day. I think he needs to take some Prozac or something...

RG

Hey The Zigmeister, mind sharing who the supplier is?