When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone identify this watch?

TeeJay

Sorry for the poor photos, they were snapped on my iPhone, in the newsagent, and the image on the page, was smaller than the nail on my little finger...

As the photos are so poor, the colors are not entirely accurate to as they were with the naked eye, so I'll do my best to describe the watch...

It has the look of a Tudor Chronograph, I'm fairly sure it's not a Daytona or Omega Chronograph...

The dial is a very deep red, almost like blood.

The sub dials appear to be black.

The hours are marked on the dial by Arabic numerals, in either white, or luminescent printing

The bracelet appears to be an Oyster bracelet...

Any ideas? If so, are there any reps of it?

Tudor1.jpg

Tudor2.jpg

Tudor3.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Can't tell...pics are too fuzzy...

Thanks for looking :)

Here's the only other pic I have... It doesn't show any close detail, but it's a little clearer due to the distance from the page...

Tudor5.jpg

Another thought, does the description sound at all familiar?

The red/black you're probably thinking is like an Omega Schumacher...but that dial config is @ 3-6-9...this is like 2-10 and just under the cannon pinion. The same goes for the Tudor's. The Ferrari chrono is red sub and black dial...with the same config as the standard Omega speedy. I've see the "high subdial" config...if anything...it looks like a Swiss Army quartz chrono:

P10788220.jpg

EDIT: Hah hah...I just saw we posted at the same time...the same conclusion...

The red/black you're probably thinking is like an Omega Schumacher...but that dial config is @ 3-6-9...this is like 2-10 and just under the cannon pinion. The same goes for the Tudor's. The Ferrari chrono is red sub and black dial...with the same config as the standard Omega speedy. I've see the "high subdial" config...if anything...it looks like a Swiss Army quartz chrono:

P10788220.jpg

EDIT: Hah hah...I just saw we posted at the same time...the same conclusion...

Seeing it on the bracelet, I think you could be right :) I have to admit, I'm surprised it's not a Tudor, but glad to have dentified it :) Time to add one to my wishlist :lol:

Seeing it on the bracelet, I think you could be right :) I have to admit, I'm surprised it's not a Tudor, but glad to have dentified it :) Time to add one to my wishlist :lol:

I couldn't tell the Arabic number font/existence in the pic...or the datewheel position (if any)...but the subdial spacing and location looks similar, as well as the bracelet...but the bezel looks beveled or notched in the pics...so I'm not sure.

The Formula 1 is possible...but no black subdials and the one at 6 looks too low below the cannon pinion:

41TDF0FQT5L._SS500_.jpg

I couldn't tell the Arabic number font/existence in the pic...or the datewheel position (if any)...but the subdial spacing and location looks similar, as well as the bracelet...but the bezel looks beveled or notched in the pics...so I'm not sure.

The Formula 1 is possible...but no black subdials and the one at 6 looks too low below the cannon pinion:

41TDF0FQT5L._SS500_.jpg

It's definitely not the Tag. I think you hit it with the Victorinox. To be honest, I don't remember seeing a datewheel, but looking at the actual magazine, I was able to make out the numbers. When I was younger, I used to read a lot of shopping catalogues, and spend hours staring at the photos of the watches, trying to work out what the blurs of the text actually meant :lol: I got pretty good at it after a while :lol: It's not a bad watch, but I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, as that kind of price would mean several reps, which I would actually wear, and I have a hunch that the Victorinox would wind up solely as a collection piece, rather than getting any wrist time :) (I don't think the red dial would be easy to pair with a wardrobe, either :lol: )

I used to read a lot of shopping catalogues, and spend hours staring at the photos of the watches...

USED TO??? I'm still a catalogue junky. I have a rather large collection of catalogues...very large...many boxes worth going back many years. Not just watches...but other stuff as well.

...It's not a bad watch, but I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon, as that kind of price would mean several reps, which I would actually wear

Agreed. I find a lot of the designs of things like "Fossil", "Swiss Army/Victorinox" etc...are making affordable implementations of pieces really inspired by watches of GREAT design. So...with the availability of reps...why not just get the watch with that GREAT design instead of settling for something that really is lacking IMHO.

In this case...I think going for some of the alternatives below are much nicer implementations of the inspiration BEHIND the Victorinox:

23975-1359.jpg

There's a red/black "panda" dial as well that's closer in design

OMG0013SW01.JPG

Schumacher Speedy

USED TO??? I'm still a catalogue junky. I have a rather large collection of catalogues...very large...many boxes worth going back many years. Not just watches...but other stuff as well.

Well, rather than catalogues, I tend to just check out watch sites now, but the principle is still the same :lol:

Agreed. I find a lot of the designs of things like "Fossil", "Swiss Army/Victorinox" etc...are making affordable implementations of pieces really inspired by watches of GREAT design. So...with the availability of reps...why not just get the watch with that GREAT design instead of settling for something that really is lacking IMHO.

In this case...I think going for some of the alternatives below are much nicer implementations of the inspiration BEHIND the Victorinox:

23975-1359.jpg

There's a red/black "panda" dial as well that's closer in design

OMG0013SW01.JPG

Schumacher Speedy

I think you're right there :) I have to admit, I am really surprised that it isn't some kind of Tudor, but that's all just part of the fun of watchspotting :)

Woohoo!! Now what watch was Obama wearing at the Presidential inauguration dinner???

Show me some pics, and I'll take a look :)

Once I knew the Victorinox details, when I saw the picture in the magazine again, it was clear that it was the same watch :)

Show me some pics, and I'll take a look :)

Once I knew the Victorinox details, when I saw the picture in the magazine again, it was clear that it was the same watch :)

I just saw a couple pics in the newspaper (print only) and you can see the side of the watch under the cuff...and one in his tux. It's a chrono of some sort.

_45398172_obama_getty.jpg

A gift from the Secret Service. Picture appropriated from RG.

Interesting. I couldn't find anything before on it...using my bad search strings. As soon as I added in "Secret Service"...suddenly I find an interesting article:

The Watches of Obama

If the article is correct, the watch is made in China...just like our reps. Hah hah.