When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which PO?...orange/red or white 6,9,12?...

hackR

Ordering a 42mm PO and having a hard time choosing which black bezel model:

1) orange/red 6, 9, 12 numbers

2) white 6, 9, 12 numbers

post-16947-1232594722_thumb.jpg

Feeling that black w/white balances the times i need it to be a bit more formal...and it looks amazing with black rubber - whenever they get around to making a 20mm PO strap - which eventually I think we'll see...would look sporty with black leather and white stitched strap...even with the steel bracelet, it's very clean/sleek with black/silver/white being the only color schemes...

Feeling that the black w/orange/red draws a little (i said, a little?!) attention away from the watch - in either steel bracelet or black rubber...but, i think it would look sharp with a black leather strap with orange/red stitching...this combo would really sport it out...

While I like the orange/red bezel model, i wouldn't wear it as much as a black bezel one...hence my interest in only these two models...

What do you all think?

Nothing but the white would do for me. I LOVE them all, but the other two aren't versatile enough for me. This watch had to fill the ONLY black bezel/blak dial sports watch slot in my collection. I also recommend having both bracelet and rubber for more versatility. Makes for two watches in one really. Very different...

PS - and whichever one you get, send it to the Chief for double AR immediately so it will pop just like the original. The AR is the key to this watch...

POwrista.jpg

POrubber1b.jpg

POa.jpg

PO1.jpg

@RobbieG...your watch pix inspired me to get the black/white...thank you for the excellent shots - especially the wristshot...do you have a source for a 20mm PO black rubber strap...i haven't been able to find one...and would like a nice one...and thanks for the AR tip...

i can wear a 45mm one, but i think the 42.5 is more versatile...as is the black/white combo...

With regard to the rubber, if you get the 45.5MM watch there is a rep version as well as the gen as an option. Most any dealer can get the rep version for you. I bought my gen rubber from a guy on TZ, but Otto Frei sells them and has the best price. I had the 45.5MM rep and I have to tell you unless you love really big watches you will be happier with the 42MM. The rep is less accurate but just know that the 45.5MM wears bigger than that. It is huge and keep in mind that all the pics of my 42MM are on my fairly large 7.5"wrists. Food for thought. Plus, be aware that the watches wear much bigger on steel than the rubber.

With regard to the AR, I know I preach about that alot, but being a guy who had the UPO 45.5MM first and then got the 42MM gen, I can tell you that without the strong double AR and to a lesser extent the lume it isn't the same watch. Still nice but the whole vibe of the PO is about how the AR creates massive contrast between the matte black dial and bezel playing with the polished steel case parts and hand edges. Another member wheaton has both the gen and rep 45.5MM version and this comparison pic pretty much sums it up. Whichever watch you choose, put Chief's double AR and a re-lume on the list of must do mods. You won't regret it. But even in this pic you can't see how the AR makes the watch pop in indirect light. It is staggering really...

DSC08446.jpg

@RobbieG...I agree on the size...I have a 7 1/4 " wrist and like to wear my watches slightly loose...i decided and pulled the trigger last nite on the 42mm black/white version thru Narikaa...very reasonable price and the watch looks great...(at least to me!)...i plan to source a 42mm black rubber strap, too...i just can't seem to find a 42mm version of the strap (20mm, i beleive)...is this 20mm strap only avail as a gen?...

as the price is reasonable for the watch, i think you're right...adding a relume and AR will add much to the watch...and still keep the total cost to under $220usd...i don't have the skills to remove a crystal to send to Chief...in the past he recommended i send the watch to vaclume who could coordinate the mods...i contacted vaclume via gmail, but haven't heard from him...will have to reach out to him again, i guess...i live in USA...

thanks for the great info and advice...

i am pysched for the 42mm PO to arrive...

R-

Yes, the rubber for the 42MM will have to be gen. The only rep rubber is for the big watch. There was one at one time, but it was incorrect and had a metal pin in it that had to be ground off. You might check ebay though. There are some that are exactly like they gen sans logos for real cheap, but the shape, etc of them is exactly like the gen...