When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new top price black steel breit

fotoman

just got the new 400+ version of the blacksteel the one that is supposed to be the right color not just regular pvd, ordered it for a friend of mine

i can't comment on the gen color never saw it in person, but, it is a blackened gun metal steel vs. your standard black pvd - i have never seen its equal in a rep as far as the coloring - its actually similiar to teh coloring of the hamilton khaki black watches, - thats teh closest thing i have ever seen in person

the watch is phenominal the AR is in par with CHief's the dial is perfect and clean, the rubber strap is on par with my gen rubber strap

this is one of the best out of the box reps i have seen, on par with the swiss steelfish. it is a real amazing piece.

i have to say that i know were complaining about the price of reps, but, i paid 400$ for a crappy pam rep from eddie lee when i started out here, at the time the going rate for run of the mill pams was just shy of 300 240-280

considering this watch, 4 yrs later is around 400, doesn't offend me, its more than twice the watch with great AR high beat movement, gen quality rubber,

i'm still offended by the stupid big bang prices, but, this piece, the nardin piece, these are really amazing, and compared to what i have paid for reps in the past, the value for the watch is definitely there.

i have learned more recently about how the pricing works behind the scenes, and have had completely independent verification of pricing, outside the forum, and our regular dealers,

are our dealers making $$? sure they are, but, given what i know now, i'm not quite as offended by the "cartel" as we called it, pricing. I can't really elaborate, but, i can say, that i think on par, most of the pricing that josh and others are offering are in line with what the factories are doing and the value of the watch.

the big bangs are stupid over priced, i think maybe the APs are a few bucks high, but i blame this on the factories not the dealers. Turns out, my personal opinion, josh's prices are fair and i feel confident in recommending him to anyone for a watch.

i should state that i am not getting anything from him to say that. I don't even purchase from him because of a deal i have with someone else. But, i was pretty tuff on him in the past. Even though all deals i had with him was great, he was always great to me, even before "perfect clones" in fact, he went out of his way back then to do great things for me.

i was critical of pricing when super reps changed the industry. i now pull back on that criticism. everyone has opinions and i'm only responsible for my own. i am not being compensated or given any special treatment to make these statements, like i said, i'm getting my pieces elsewhere right now. I believe that gives my statement the utmost credibility. I thought it appropriate to say these things in public - guess its off topic for me seeing the point of thiis thread was to drool over teh watch i just opened :)

anyway - josh is cool in my book.

and the breitlings are cool in my book

so it shall be written, so it shall be done :)

Can't comment on Josh, but I have a blacksteel from someone else. It's the V2, and it's worth every bit of $430 in my book. Of course it's the fault of some unnamed members on this board that did a ridiculous review that brainwashed me into ordering one. One of the best purchases I've made! Thanks guys!

yeah its the skyland blacksteel

its worth it :)

me to on ordering, i'm going to get the gold UN :) i'm still poor as [censored], but i just got a job :) time to blow my kids college fund

the photos were well done by Lankai i think its the same model that he reviewed, - i have nothing to ad. I have to hand it off to my friend, and still laying on the floor cause of my back, but, i wanted to ad my personal observations as to how good it is to handle in person. i love my regular skyland, i don't think i'll get this oen for me, just because i have enough pieces in this genre, but, had i not gotten my ss skyland, i'd have gotten this

And most of all .. don't forget .. Joshua and Andrew were the dealers that donated the watches that made the raffles so sucsessful.. giving credit where credit is due ... if not for them the raffles would have been far less than it was in 08.. and that is with the issues attacking them..

I am not defending anything .. don't need to.. but it is good to see members stepping up to the plate.. RESPECT to those members !!!

Lokahi..= Harmony with teamwork. !!

ahhhrighhtttttt B)

edit add : Pho U gotta aquire the BS .. there is nothing like it so far.. !!! the coating as Dave 123 will attest to having a genuine SABS.. is spot on !!

I'm with Samurai.. Jones ing big time. !!! :p

And most of all .. don't forget .. Joshua and Andrew were the dealers that donated the watches that made the raffles so sucsessful.. giving credit where credit is due ... if not for them the raffles would have been far less than it was in 08.. and that is with the issues attacking them..

I am not defending anything .. don't need to.. but it is good to see members stepping up to the plate.. RESPECT to those members !!!

Lokahi..= Harmony with teamwork. !!

ahhhrighhtttttt B)

edit add : Pho U gotta aquire the BS .. there is nothing like it so far.. !!! the coating as Dave 123 will attest to having a genuine SABS.. is spot on !!

I'm with Samurai.. Jones ing big time. !!! :p

i agree, teh BS is awesome. i have it in my hands :), i'm so overloaded with watches in that genre :) and its cost doesn't allow me, yet, to purchase just to throw it on the shelf. :)

yeah its the skyland blacksteel

its worth it :)

me to on ordering, i'm going to get the gold UN :) i'm still poor as shit, but i just got a job :) time to blow my kids college fund

the photos were well done by Lankai i think its the same model that he reviewed, - i have nothing to ad. I have to hand it off to my friend, and still laying on the floor cause of my back, but, i wanted to ad my personal observations as to how good it is to handle in person. i love my regular skyland, i don't think i'll get this oen for me, just because i have enough pieces in this genre, but, had i not gotten my ss skyland, i'd have gotten this

Got your Back Pho.... (If I could ya know I would literally) Click below

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=87368

blacksteel001mr3.jpg

The Blacksteel is spot on,there is no question.

Surprised really that they can get that right,and mess up something as minor as lume dots....but thats the law of rep watches,there has to be something wrong....its the law. ;)

Enjoy it Pho,a great watch from the king of the ring when it comes to dealers.

The BS is very good, mine's up with The Zigmeister for a relume to fix the dots...but I found the finish and craftsmanship top notch. I would have posted pics but...Lani is doing such an amazing job with pics, why bother :victory: