When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there a Portuguese Chrono with ETA on the market & if so ....

kgbAgent

Hi Peeps

Is there a Portuguese Chrono with ETA on the market & if so .... is it a better option than the new Asian Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph) version ?

Over the last 18mths I have bought 2 from shops in SE Asia and both have been less than reliable :shock: The prob is that I LOVE the elegance of this watch and want one that is reliable.

The other baby I like is the Phillipe Patek Perpetual Calender SS White In Swiss Eta 2836-2 --- any comments on that rep ?

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

you want reliability? --> remove the 5 extra gears between the 9 and 6 and freeze the seconds hands.

you want fully functional? try a complete service or the graphite treatment. Do a search for more info.

Otherwise, better stay away from this model, it is a ticking time bomb...

No there isn't one and due to the layout yo can't just drop a gen ETA 7750 in it either. The seconds at 6 is the issue and that is why they never offered it in ETA. The gen is a 7750 as well, but it is modified with a module that puts the seconds at 6...

Hi Peeps

Is there a Portuguese Chrono with ETA on the market & if so .... is it a better option than the new Asian Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph) version ?

Over the last 18mths I have bought 2 from shops in SE Asia and both have been less than reliable :shock: The prob is that I LOVE the elegance of this watch and want one that is reliable.

The other baby I like is the Phillipe Patek Perpetual Calender SS White In Swiss Eta 2836-2 --- any comments on that rep ?

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

I share the same dilemma. I began searching the Rep watch world and found this forum - all in the pursuit of this beautiful watch. Only to find out that I can't get a good rep that will run reliably. The few people that seem to have lucky working models is almost enough for me to consider giving it a shot.

apparently the latest consensus is that the graphite treatment actually doesn't help with the sec@6 movement.

I don't think that is the consensus at all...

You should check with freddy333. He invented the graphite treatment, and I think that he's been keeping a close ear to the ground regarding the success rate.

I don't think that is the consensus at all...

You should check with freddy333. He invented the graphite treatment, and I think that he's been keeping a close ear to the ground regarding the success rate.

correct me if I'm wrong; i think francisco/faparisi has confirmed that the main problem with this movement setup comes from one or more of the transfer gears coming off the plate upon which they sit? no?