When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An Expensive Yachmaster

Guest -Pegasus-

Guest super_sinbad

Hey members and experts, I'm new to this furom and I'd like to purchase my second replica, I purchased a GMT Master II TT black dial with WHS Swiss ETA before I know this forum and now I'd like to buy my second one, i've been looking at the Submariner and the Yachtmaster, i've done alot of research and I'm tending more toward the Yachtmaster and after i checked WM9 website i found it expensive compared to the other dealers prices, i actually care about the quality and would like to know why there is a huge price difference! and what is so special about it that makes it expensive?

I also have another submariner question, which one is better in terms of replication quality and being close to a genuine one, the one with the ceramic bezel or the supreme edition?

I would highly appreciate your help and inputs.

That is absolutely incorrect. The WM9 YM is not anywhere near that price. It is a nearly 1:1 replication and uses an ETA 2892 (clone?). It is in a whole other league to what other dealers sell. You can get one from BK for basically the same cost (or cheaper from group buys I believe) and then have the benefit of his quailty control and upgrades. It simply isn't in the same zip code as the other YM's he speaks of. Why so expensive? You get what you pay for in this life. This watch is the best I have ever seen as is the Sub from the same maker and I owned both gens for quite some time...

See this post here for more information:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Annoucing-WM9-YM-t86979.html

Guest super_sinbad

Thank you guys for the replies, I'm now more enlightened, and this is what I was looking for, a quality watch that really looks like genuine one and the one from WM9 looks proper to me, I also read somewhere on the forum from a happy user that he got it from WM9 and he said that he can't really spot the difference when compared to the genuine Yachmaster.

Do the Submariners go into same category that they are 1:1 replicas and they're justifiably little pricier.

I used to own one of the low budget chinese YM's but once I saw the pictures of the WM9 version I gave mine away to a friend, just the CG on the enw version is amazingly close to gen.

Yes his prices are a bit off the wall for what it is (a replica) but as stated before, you get what you pay for. So until the chinese stop using a sub case for the yachtie if you want a "1:1" or close-to-gen YM you have no choice.

Very intresting

.....but the MBK YM ? In the pics has a good appareance. Is it really not not good as WM9 ?

No, it's not as good. Not even close.

Period.

What's so complicated about this:

WM9 Sub v2 / WM9 Yacht-Master = Superior to anything else in the Rolex rep market, in every possible way.

Any more questions? : :p

Guest super_sinbad
No, it's not as good. Not even close.

Period.

What's so complicated about this:

WM9 Sub v2 / WM9 Yacht-Master = Superior to anything else in the Rolex rep market, in every possible way.

Any more questions? : :p

Thanks much By-Tor! very well understood :D