When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need pics!

GATE 7

Hi guys! Been researching, looking and admiring this site for about two months now, well since my real interest in reps began. Finally i have found the watch that i want to make my first rep. It is the VC MALTE CHRONOGRAPH found on Josh's site. Before i take the plunge though, i want to hear from you guys. Any information on the watch please, pro's and con's. Most of all though, i'm absolutely dying to see pics, not from the websites! I want to see it on a wrist, being held, or even just sitting on a table. I've yet to come across any owners of this watch, so please guys, share your experience of this watch, with me. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.....

post-19209-1233560245_thumb.jpg

Good choice!

That was one of my first reps also. I would suggest searching throught the archives to answer alot of your questions. Chances are, the majority of your answers are there. I will also tell you that a long time, outstanding member RobbieG has some amazing photos of one and is quite a wealth of information on the VC line...

Good luck!

-K

Check out RobbieG's pics in this post on dress watch recommendations:

RobbieG's VC Malte Chrono Pics

Beautiful watch...great movement. A solid choice!! Here are a couple of his pics:

Malte27.jpg

Malte34.jpg

Malte5.jpg

Rob's posted different pics at different times on this site...and speaks very highly of this rep. I'm wavering on this one as well.

Yes, thanks for posting those guys. The rep is fantastic - in fact Adrenalin has that very watch now. Great movement and really reliable as well as quite accurate to the gen which has a very similar looking column wheel chronograph based on a Lemania Caliber. The movement is a copy of a Venus 175 which is a copy of the Lemania caliber used in the gen. All it is really missing visually is gold eteched logo work on the horseshoe bridge. I have worn that very watch to some serious black tie functions and got tons of compliments on it. Nobody would ever call you out with it - assuming you aren't really young and/or have some sort of professional/white collar type career. Go for it. You won't be sorry. You may want to upgrade the strap though as usual, but the buckle is great!

Thank you so much guys. It's amazing how people in this forum are so friendly and helpfull. I will definately buy this watch when Josh starts work again. On the 6th i believe. I'm really hoping to wear it on Valentines Day, hope i get it in time. I'll ask for more information on getting a beautiful strap when i recieve it, i'm not too fond of the the strap it comes with, that black one really accentuates the whole watch beautifully. I have one grave fear though, after recieving this watch, i just know i will be an addict, just good too know there are quite of few out there too.

Thanks again

That strap was from Banda, but I highly recommend Sirtoli for the most luxurious dress straps. Great stuff. Simply world class.

Thank you so much guys. It's amazing how people in this forum are so friendly and helpfull. I will definately buy this watch when Josh starts work again. On the 6th i believe. I'm really hoping to wear it on Valentines Day, hope i get it in time. I'll ask for more information on getting a beautiful strap when i recieve it, i'm not too fond of the the strap it comes with, that black one really accentuates the whole watch beautifully. I have one grave fear though, after recieving this watch, i just know i will be an addict, just good too know there are quite of few out there too.

Thanks again

Thanks again

The forum rocks. Given the nature of some recent threads (not yours)...spend time and understand the culture of collecting and the forum...and you'll find this place to be the most knowledgeable and fun place to be for all your watch talk (and loosely related) diversional needs.

As to straps...you'll learn that rep straps generally stink. There are a few that are alright (namely the Breitling thick leather ones)...but most of the dress leather straps are exceptionally crappy in quality.

As to your fear...look your fear straight in the eye and say: "you're going down...I'm increasing my credit limit".