When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Generic 1665 SDDR glass

docdoc

I would think Sternkreuz actually makes an acrylic crystal for the 1665- a generic T-39. G-S Supplies is another company making generic crystals up in NY state.

BTW, have you tried the $60 Clark's superdome crystal? People have been very happy with it in the past.

Looking thru my Cousins catalog and a few pages from Sternkreuz, I see nothing that is cross referenced to the T-39. At that point you're just measuring with calipers and taking a chance and praying.

Not a whole lot of 1665's were built- it wasn't very popular in the late 60's and 70's. It's only been in the last ten years that it has achieved cult status. Some of that may be due to the MBW's, also. When genuine T-39's are going for over $100, the laws of supply and demand say they are fairly rare.

• 3 weeks later...

here is the answer I received from SternKreuz.

"In case you want us to make a new glass for Rolex, we kindly ask you to let us have a drawing and a case with sample glass, so that we can check whether it will be possible for us to make such glasses. There will of course tool charges and a large quantity of glasses must be bought."

i would go with the clarks t-39 superdome. Then you know exactly what you are gunna get. You dont want to end up getting one that too tall or too short or the wrong shape completely...

I have a gen superdome on my franken 1665 but i have a clarks on my 1680 submariner and i must say its a very nice crystal.