When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparative Review

RobbieG

Many may have seen this already, but I find these fun so I thought I would post it. Amazing how one mans treasure is another's trash and how all of our tastes are so subjective.

A fair review I think all around, although most of what he subtracted points for the PO for, I would be adding them. Like the AR being a dealbreaker for him, and for me it was literally one of three principle reasons I bought the watch for. LOL. Although I get that some that are hard on watches and don't baby them bum out on AR when it gets scratched. Me, it is unlikely to happen to because I am so cautious...

http://rolexreferencepage.com/SDPO/sd%20vs%20po.html

Very cool article.

IMO, the dual side AR coating on the PO is what gives it it's fabulous look. Definatley a bonus feature . I too do not see this as a "flaw."

For those that don't like it, lucky for them, it can easily be removed.

John's reviews are always an excellent read, and a great inspiration for the reviews I've written myself. He's also a very nice guy. Humble, well-mannered, just the kind of guy who would fit in and be an asset to a community like this, but, I don't know how he feels about reps :lol:

I don't think John's a rep fan but I do love his reviews...his Seamaster/ Sub/SD review combos are some of the best on the web!

It was his SMP vs Sub review which made me really notice Omega as a brand, and start to take a more specific interest in the aspects of a watch, rather than just looking at the 'overall package', so at the very least, I owe him thanks for broadening my horizons :)