When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To go or to wait?

marcoxxx1984

Hi friends,

all your opinion are appreciated!!! Thanks!

Depends on how much of a nitpicker you are. The V3 rep is pretty solid, but the maker went a little overboard on fixing the V2 bezel font (which was thicker than gen) and made it too thin. Supposedly, this is being fixed on the V4. I've also heard that WM9 is planning on doing a DSSD after the SD09 launches in August.

Edited by jmayfair

I am in exactly the same boat! ive been waiting to hear if wm9 are going to launch a rep or if a v4 version was going to be available. I say wait a while for a better rep with the correct numerials on the bezel and the date window like the v2. Worth the wait as it is an awesome watch.

I thought we already had a 1:1 Ultimate Swiss Architecture version of this. ;)

We do... :huh:

well except the bezel insert is really in correct and oh yeah the EASIEST way to tell this 1:! rep from a gen? The gen has a flat black dial and the rep has a super glossy black dial. Its a very big difference thats easily noticable once you see and compare them. I wonder if some flat, matt finish varnish would help...

• 1 month later...

*sigh* i must wait as well then... I really hope wm9 or someone else is coming out with a v4 of the dssd. i WAS going to buy the latest version (v3)...but it has some cons like the numbering being too thin and also the glossy face instead of matte black.

must.....somehow....wait....till...september(ish).... until....v4 comes out.....without buying a different rep!!!!!!!!! :p

Based on every other past Rolex rep, between all the dealers pre-release PR/hype, and the post-release reality checks, I'm not sure how much forward the V4 will be.

The newest version/update of this model appears to be the one prestigewatch was offering, though unclear as to if this is the base for the next dealer's "V4". The bezel is slightly improved (although the most current version of the V3 from Andrew--like mine--seem to have the same, better bezel and gen-like caseback, which the initial V3 offering didn't have) , the dial is finally matte again, but the lume went from blue, back to green, the CGs are a bit off (judging by the pictures anyway), and the band doesn't seem to fit as well as the supposed V3. Two steps forward, one step back, and one step to the side, as per usual...

Not trying to toot my own horn, but in case you want to try it, here's the tutorial for V3 to V4 modification:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/To-Moddifying-Rolex-D-t94391.html

It really makes a hell of a difference.

Edited by gioarmani

Guest carlsbadrolex

Wait for the V4... It will come out with a perfect bezel insert and they will spell Rolex wrong. Then try to find a V3 and use the two to make a Super Duper Perfect 1:1 rep.

New to the forum and have been looking around. I really like the DSSD, and saw that the estimate was September for the v4. Is anyone offering a pre-order for the v4? If not, when do those usually start?

Thanks for the help! This forum is a great resource!

Actually v4 has come and gone. :lol:

lol we are now on version " oh lets call it 4 - sounds good "

Agree Kruzer, who knows what edition / fix this is and hey if they all came out as 1:1 what a boring world we would have, no drilling, flatening, polishing, luming, AR'ing etc

awwww come on CN - don't take away our fun. - fix the bezel but spell it as Polex :D

From what I've seen on the latest V4, they still can't get it right- bad HEV, poor bezel insert, two things that practically scream fake IMHO. It's so misleading when people ohhh and ahhh over one of these things when someone posts photos of it, and they do so because they want to be nice, or more likely just don't know the difference. Don't reward the factories with your money when they fart out products like this. Be patient and give it to those that spend a few extra moments to make sure that the details are right.