When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Childrens' Hospice

chiefwiggum

Well the time has come in my life when I can either resign myself to dying early of a heart related illness, or I can get on my bike and do something to improve my lifestyle, fitness and longevity. :unsure:

I jumped on the bathroom scales this morning and topped them at 260 pounds / 18st 6lbs / 118Kg - Oops where and how did that happen? :blush:

I have been partial to a beer or two or........... over the years, and the odd meat pie, but enough is enough. Exercise has been a cuss word for the last few years and has consisted mainly of going to the bar to get a drink or when last orders are called I will occasionally break into a jog. :nonono:

Anyway back on track - I have decided along with my fantastic family that I must now do something to remedy my weight and fitness problem. :showoff:

In doing so I think that it would be very selfish of me to not allow some sort of charity to benefit. :good:

I have chosen Naomi House which is a childrens' hospice based in the UK near Winchester in Hampshire.

This is a link to their site;

hxxp://www.naomihouse.org.uk/ - please replace "hxxp" with "http".

I am going to embark on a health and fitness regime that will see me drop 4st 13 / 69lb / 31.3 Kg by the 31st of July 2009. - To a target weight of 13st / 189lb / 85.7 Kg. :wallbash:

I have set a fairly conservative target of

I know a little bit about weightloss. I lost a lot of weight and blogged the whole thing.

http://guineasblog.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

I lost 2-3 times what you're embarking on.

I'll contribute.

Thanks Guinea for the sponsorship - It is for a fantastic cause and in truth without the additional motivation, I know that during the hard times to come, that it will be hard. Just read your blog and checked out the before and after - My God, you could stand both images in a line up and I'd bet no-one would ever guess that they were one and the same.

Well done to you and I hope that despite a small increase, that you continue to keep trim. Incidentally, I am a very fussy eater, no veg, yes - no veg at all so salads and rabbit food are all out. I have started on the Cambridge and in truth it is truly disgusting, but I hope to see some benefit over the coming weeks, when I will get into an exercise regime as well.

I will take up your offer of sending you a PM very occasionally, whenever things start to get bleak and will perhaps ask what motivated you in those desperate hours when the cookie monster was stalking.

Thanks again for your very kind donation - Chief.

Hello chaps thanks for the words of support and pledges for sponsorship. Andy, there is no way that I would stand in front of a camera and then upload it for the world to see - photogenic I am not - lol.

Chrono - There is no secret mate - Like Guinea I am on a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet). Guinea used Lighter LIfe and I am on Cambridge. It is simply a matter of willpower and I enjoy the battle with myself but the fundraising gives me that little extra bit of motivation. Check Google and you will find a Cambridge counsellor near you. The first two weeks are definitely the hardest. I am not hungry at all, but definitely miss the texture and taste of real food and to be able to chew would be awesome. I woke up the other night chewing my wife's arm - lol.

Enrolled at the gym as well - mainly CV stuff, not much free weights as I don't want to bulk up with muscle. The first few weeks I expect a greater weight loss per week, but hopefully the visits to the gym will give that extra impetus.

Guinea your blog and your achievement has given me real motivation and I both congratulate you on your achievement and for sharing your exploits.

Anyway to the chase - Another 6lbs last week so a total of 23lbs in three weeks - Hope that it keeps going that way, but if not I hope to achieve at least 3lbs per week. If I fail it won't be for the lack of trying!!

Anyone feeling in a giving mood and wishes to help an ailing charity, please feel free to sponsor me.

Thanks - http://justgiving.com/iansmith247