When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top Ten Watches for Men

TeeJay

Yes, that list is pretty funny, even if I was looking a gen watch for less than 600$ i wouldn't consider any of those. At least there is Link Chrono, which to my mind is a pretty nice watch.

This list is better, I think.

You're not wrong there, bro :good:

I like to think that there's a difference between 'affordable', and 'crap'. Eg. Tesco's generic brand cola (appx .50p) = Affordable. Sainsbury's economy cola (appx.20p) = Crap. Some of those watches fall in the former catagory, many fall in the latter ;)

The thing that got me with that list, was they put the Tag on there as the 'money's no object' option, when for a thousand less, someone could by a perfectly good SMP :huh:

Yup, I hope whoever wrote that gets canned...

MSN gets paid big bucks to peddle this crap in the form of "lifestyle news"... the sad fact is that there are stupid men out there who will genuinely believe this garbage is the cream of the crop and rush to the store to spend $400 on a plastic Chinese quartz to look trendy.

...the sad fact is that there are stupid men out there who will genuinely believe this garbage is the cream of the crop and rush to the store to spend $400 on a plastic Chinese quartz to look trendy.

That's the truth!! That's the beauty of reps...at least for $200-400, you get a mechanically sound machine with a beautiful design and build quality that surpasses most of the $400 plastic tripe made by Fossil, Diesel, etc. Just because it's gen doesn't mean it's quality or attractive.

That Timberland watch is one ugly beast.

That's the truth!! That's the beauty of reps...at least for $200-400, you get a mechanically sound machine with a beautiful design and build quality that surpasses most of the $400 plastic tripe made by Fossil, Diesel, etc. Just because it's gen doesn't mean it's quality or attractive.

That Timberland watch is one ugly beast.

Absolutely, and, to flip that around, as you said, just because it's a rep, doesn't mean it's not quality or attractive :good:

It says (and I copy and paste):

TAG Heuer Link Automatic Chronograph

Strictly for those for whom money is no object.

I would say:

Strictly for those who have reached the last item of the list.

And for those who appreciate a nice watch placed in this [censored] list.

And, of course, for those who have not that money or don

Edited by relox