When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

lets see how good the 3717 V3 is....

sander

I have bought a 3717 from one of our members and it appears to be the V3 model.

(lume only on the 4 markers + 28 bpm + good double AR + recessed subdials)

With some luck, I have found a brand new gen 3717 dial :p , so lets see how good the new model is.

The first thing I notice is that the rep dial has a really matte finsh while the gen has a more satin finish. Because of this, the rep looks black and the gen looks dark grey.

I think they are the same colour though.

The next thing is that the colour of the markers on the subdials and the logo is much whiter on the gen. This is the same problem with the big pilot by the way.

One other difference is that the subdials are more recessed on the gen than on the rep. Even though its better than the V2, it not recessed enough.

(I never saw the V1 model so I don't no how that one is)

The 3 hour markers at 3, 6 and 9 are also a little too wide but I wonder if you will be able to notice it.

The Lume is great. I really don't see any difference in quality for the first 5 minutes. After that the gen will still be a little visible and the rep is dead.

There is a little color difference in the lume though. The rep is greener than the gen which has the C1 lume.

As expected the size is exactly the same. Even the dial-feet fit without any problem.

How about the rest of the V3 model:

It has really strong AR. In my opinion it's way too blue/purple and still looks like a mirror :huh:

Beside that it's really noticeable, it's even tougher to get it off.....

It took me more that 1 hour on a powerful buffing machine to get it off.... what the..... :shock:

It normally takes me a few minutes with a Dremel! Finally I got it off and now it's on its way to Chief for some real magic.

Lume on the hands is great.

The rotor is really noisy but nothing that can be fixed.

The date wheel has black smudges over the white numbers?????

Conclusion:

I think the dial is really close and the lume is good when you compare it with standard rep lume.

The "thick" markers at 3, 6 and 9 are really not a problem. The AR is too much.

If you're getting it, what should you do:

1: get it a new AR coating

2: replace the day/date wheels

3: if you have it with a leather strap, replace it for a nice croc one. (TWB ETC)

Things which are not really necessary:

1: relume

2: fixing the markers

3: replacing the buckle for a gen one.

Here are the pics. Enjoy!

post-9210-1234559156_thumb.jpg post-9210-1234559147_thumb.jpg post-9210-1234559168_thumb.jpg

post-9210-1234559285_thumb.jpg post-9210-1234559265_thumb.jpg post-9210-1234559293_thumb.jpg

post-9210-1234559298_thumb.jpg post-9210-1234559304_thumb.jpg

post-9210-1234559192_thumb.jpg