When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I'm getting married in May...

spider87

Yea, I still need groomsmens gifts so I was looking for an extremely cheap rolex rep that I can grab 6 - 7 of lol I was hoping for like $30-$40 per rep because as stated there are going to be 6 groomsmen.... So I was looking for a cheap just working rep that I can grab 6 of.. Any thoughts? If I goto canal street I can probably do that but the problem there is I live in PA.... lol so any thoughts?

Thanks RWG!!

:huh: Hmmm, I might have considered something like this in my younger days, but now that I am somewhat-- how do I say, older... I would NOT recommend a "replica" watch as a groomsman gift. Too many opportunities for embarrassment for all parties involved. (IMHO). Especially, the Canal St. varieties that, quite frankly, reflect poorly on the hobby.

Stick with something like "Flask's" if your men are the drinking type, with maybe an engraving of thanks on it. Or, even a modest GEN watch from a Seiko, Bulova, etc...

Just my .02.

-Ronin

:huh: Hmmm, I might have considered something like this in my younger days, but now that I am somewhat-- how do I say, older... I would NOT recommend a "replica" watch as a groomsman gift. Too many opportunities for embarrassment for all parties involved. (IMHO). Especially, the Canal St. varieties that, quite frankly, reflect poorly on the hobby.

Stick with something like "Flask's" if your men are the drinking type, with maybe an engraving of thanks on it. Or, even a modest GEN watch from a Seiko, Bulova, etc...

Just my .02.

-Ronin

Thanks, your .02 is a big help actually I'm just having such trouble deciding on what to get them because it has to be affordable to me(19-20 by the wedding) and has to be at least conventional?(not socks or something???lol) So any help even in the general sense is much appreciated.

I can't really make any other suggestions, but, I will say congratulations and best of luck with your upcoming wedding :) You won't get better advise on the subject than this awesome band of brothers :) As Lani says, One heart ~ One community :good:

Thanks for the tips guys it's been a great help. Cuff links sound like a good one I might do that.. I was thinking of maybe getting my one friend a zippo because at one point we were making a video and I lit him on fire haha (long story not hostile). But thanks for all the advice guys.

Also, @whitestripes, yes I am haha me and the girl have been together for 7 years almost now by may it will be 7 years we were 13&14 at the time lol. I couldn't imagine being without her ever so I figured I should ask her as I can't imagine living without her. :-)

Thanks for all the tips guys!

Thanks for the tips guys it's been a great help. Cuff links sound like a good one I might do that.. I was thinking of maybe getting my one friend a zippo because at one point we were making a video and I lit him on fire haha (long story not hostile). But thanks for all the advice guys.

Congrats! As others have said with rep watches...there are issues of not really understanding what reps are all about...plus the issues of use, reliability, maintenance, etc that make them a bit of a pain to give as gifts.

Cufflinks are good if the lads are dressy...and are something they will likely use down the line.

The Zippo for the one friend sounds like a DEFINITEY MUST!! Gifts with meaning/story are the best to get...even if they only cost a few bucks (I know a Zippo is more...).

You could even go unconventional and use an online book printing service (like MyPublisher.com) and put together a mini photobook of the gang...stupid things an good memories from the years. It will be a bit of work having to scan images and whatnot...butt hese can be put together for as little as $20 and will have far more meaning over the years than probably anything else...I guarantee it.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

As for the tips: everything has been said already. Cuff-links and a Zippo personalized would be the way to go. I was thinking also of a sterile watch with a genuine swiss eta in it but the cost would be about $200 a piece and I do understand that that would be a stretch. Nevertheless the members here gave you some good advice.

Have a great wedding day..