When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Modded/modern Sub From Base>>>

longshot

I got lucky enough to pick this up a couple weeks ago from our own forumer 'Base'. i'd been wanting a good Sub for a while and he made me a great deal on this one that he had modded and we even had a good time making the deal :D

It's the new 1:1 ETA Sub that most of the dealers have with a full polish including the bezel and bracelet brushing and CG's done and an aftermarket insert and has been drilled to accept geniune springbars. He tweaked the bezel and it feels awesome and he made sure everything was clean and the cyclops was lined up and put silicon on all the gaskets. I love it! The fatter gen springbars make a real difference in how it feels on my wrist cpmpared to my other Rollie reps. The one thing I do find odd is, on almost all my reps the hand lume much better then the dial. But on this one the dial lume is better than the hands?

I don't expect it to fool an AD (I wear my FM Conquistador into the local Rolex AD :evil: ) but it seems pretty darn accurate to me.

If any of the experts have comments or criticisms I love to get some feedback!

94912-27517.jpg

94912-27518.jpg

Base may have said it was a 'gen' insert but I could not remember for sure and did not want to make any claims ;)

After years of collecting and wearing vintage Seiko divers I always thought Subs and Rolex's in general were too small. But on a 105+ day here I find the only thing I wear is my GMT II or this Sub on a bracelet. They really are almost a perfect size!

.....so base is back in business again?

I didn't even know he was still around?

Considering the last fiasco... Let's hope he's not back in biz :doh:

P.S. nice looking watches Longshot and Ubi !!!

Thanks, JJ. Mine didn't turn out too bad, I suppose, for something that was kinda thrown together as a fluke :)

longshot,

You were extremely lucky! Base does not enjoy a good reputation here, he has been linked to a number of dud deals and scams.

Let's just say you took a long shot, and hit the target.

But based on his previous performances, I would be very sceptical of anyone having as much luck a 2nd time around.

Think I said some years back " a leopard doesn't change its spots"

Offshore

longshot,

You were extremely lucky! Base does not enjoy a good reputation here, he has been linked to a number of dud deals and scams.

Let's just say you took a long shot, and hit the target.

But based on his previous performances, I would be very sceptical of anyone having as much luck a 2nd time around.

Think I said some years back " a leopard doesn't change its spots"

Offshore

1000% wright.

...... so Mr Pannel is still hunting on the same places :thumbdown:

Arch-

The bracelet on the TWG watch is very, very nice. The SEL is a true 3pc fused construction, the size and shape of the SEL is short and curved (allowing for good lug extention/overhang), nice hollow links, small stamping for the bracelet ref, excellent clasp with thin thumb indention... The diver's extention release is properly marked and snaps into place reassuringly. It's one of the better SEL Oyster rep bracelets out there (in my opinion). The Oyster from the TW Best Classic was also very nice, but the newer style that I rec'd on my watch originally wasn't of the same quality (and they're still solid links anyways...).

Arch-

The bracelet on the TWG watch is very, very nice. The SEL is a true 3pc fused construction, the size and shape of the SEL is short and curved (allowing for good lug extention/overhang), nice hollow links, small stamping for the bracelet ref, excellent clasp with thin thumb indention... The diver's extention release is properly marked and snaps into place reassuringly. It's one of the better SEL Oyster rep bracelets out there (in my opinion). The Oyster from the TW Best Classic was also very nice, but the newer style that I rec'd on my watch originally wasn't of the same quality (and they're still solid links anyways...).

Thanks, pardner...looks like I'll have to pick up that version too and create my own "less than perfect" ultra-budget frankensub to sell--EL dial and bracelt on the "perfect" sub case. Perfect for you anal-nonretentives out there at a price you can't resist. :bangin: