When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To those who have purchased Louis Vuitton from Kenberg/Bergies...

cubancurly

For those who have purchased any LV bags from kenberg with the natural untreated leather: Did they develop the HONEY tan/brown color patina that the authentic LV's develop?

I don't think this has ever been addressed before with LV bags and I think it is an important factor in the replicas. For ME, it is the only reason I want the leather LV's, I LOVE that gorgeous honey brown leather, it gives the bag a vintage-distressed look.

I have 2 LV bags that I purchased from Ruby years ago., a monogram speedy and monogram dog carrier both with the untreated leather handles and trim. After 2-3 years they only developed a very light tan on the leather, definately NOT in the honey- tan shade. The handles on the bags were darker but only where my hands held it. The light tan color is nowhere near the HONEY tan/brown that the auth lv leather develops and it never will.

So this made me wonder if the higher quality LV bags like the ones Kenberg sells, if the leather darkens to the honey brown shade like the auth LV's. It should, right ? If the bag is higher quality this should include the leather as well, right?

I would appreciate any feedback and photos.

For those who have purchased any LV bags from kenberg with the natural untreated leather: Did they develop the HONEY tan/brown color patina that the authentic LV's develop?

I don't think this has ever been addressed before with LV bags and I think it is an important factor in the replicas. For ME, it is the only reason I want the leather LV's, I LOVE that gorgeous honey brown leather, it gives the bag a vintage-distressed look.

I have 2 LV bags that I purchased from Ruby years ago., a monogram speedy and monogram dog carrier both with the untreated leather handles and trim. After 2-3 years they only developed a very light tan on the leather, definately NOT in the honey- tan shade. The handles on the bags were darker but only where my hands held it. The light tan color is nowhere near the HONEY tan/brown that the auth lv leather develops and it never will.

So this made me wonder if the higher quality LV bags like the ones Kenberg sells, if the leather darkens to the honey brown shade like the auth LV's. It should, right ? If the bag is higher quality this should include the leather as well, right?

I would appreciate any feedback and photos.

Why should it? :huh:

The 'quality' isn't really a factor here, as it would depend on if the leather used is the same leather as used in the gens ;) That would be the only reason for the two leathers to behave the same...

I bought an LV Messenger bag from Ken last year, and it's been a really good, hard-wearing bag :) I use it almost every time I leave the house :)

I do have one admission to make though... When I was in Spain last October, I took a lot of business pamphlets and flyers with me, and that over-taxed the 'buckle/slide' for adjusting the length of the bag strap... However, I've knotted the end of the strap, to the shorter strap section (some kind of DIY-made up as I went along knot which looks a little like a Four in Hand tie knot) and it's been good ever since. Not really an issue with the quality of the merchandise, just a case of stressing the bag beyond it's carrying capacity :lol:

I'm not questioning the quality of the LV's in this topic, just the PATINA on the repllica leathers.

Why should it? :huh:

The 'quality' isn't really a factor here, as it would depend on if the leather used is the same leather as used in the gens ;) That would be the only reason for the two leathers to behave the same...

I bought an LV Messenger bag from Ken last year, and it's been a really good, hard-wearing bag :) I use it almost every time I leave the house :)

I do have one admission to make though... When I was in Spain last October, I took a lot of business pamphlets and flyers with me, and that over-taxed the 'buckle/slide' for adjusting the length of the bag strap... However, I've knotted the end of the strap, to the shorter strap section (some kind of DIY-made up as I went along knot which looks a little like a Four in Hand tie knot) and it's been good ever since. Not really an issue with the quality of the merchandise, just a case of stressing the bag beyond it's carrying capacity :lol:

Edited by cubancurly

I'm not questioning the quality of the LV's in this topic, just the PATINA on the repllica leathers.

And as I said, unless the two leathers involved (on the gen bag, and on Ken's bag) are the same leather, they are likely not going to age or behave in the same way. That's the nature of the game, and a point RobbieG makes about rep v gen watches, in that when a gen watch uses precious metals like Rhodium, Platinum etc, polished Stainless Steel will never behave in the same way, or have the same tactile qualities or appearance, even if at a quick glance, they both appear to be 'shiny/white metals'. Same situation with the bags... It all depends on the hides involved. If the hides used in the bags Ken sells are the same as the hides used in the gen bags, then yes, they should age the same way. If they are not, then it is obvious that they are going to age differently, due to the properties of the different hides involved :)