When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How much discount from a AD?

TitoSosa

Depends on the brand you are interested in. Rolex & Cartier are limited to 10% (but they will add in extra gifts). Others will offer more. An autherized Colorado Lange dealer offered me 38% off last weekend.

Regards.

Are you sure Rolex is limited to 10%? They gave me 20% off a GMT last October in Ottawa, Canada.

Rolex AD's tell you that they are limited , which is strickly forbidden by law BTW, by Rolex to 10%.

Does Rolex have an agreement that they get all the cashregister info ??

If you tel them this they will answer how do i know your not working for Rolex as a mysterie shopper.

Simple solution is that you convince them your not and , certainly at this time , you will get much more then 10%.

Carpe Diem

Cats

I have had several AD's offer me 25% off on TAG's and Omega's without my really even asking recently in the US. I think that I could have done better during the negotiations if I had actually wanted to purchase as everyone has seemed pretty anxious to make a sale. Cancun is a tourist location, so don't be afraid to walk away if you don't like the first offer.

Okok... Sooo... its 25% or down... else... walk away... right? My mind its set it for 30% but dont know if Ill get it... Another point to negotiate I think will be the USD to Peso conversion... right now its something like a crazy 14.5 pesos for 1 USD... believe me... if I get a 30% its like paying for reatil a year ago... :(

some brands are allowed 30% discount and if most dealers will give you the discounted price right away. Then you negotiate your way down from there.

however, if you happen to want a watch in demand(daytona SS for example), or a watch they don't have in stock, you might have to pay close to premium.

Yes they limit the discount on each brand and they differ, not only by brand but also by model.