When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! UPO Mod shopping list

cougaree

I received my UPO with Swiss ETA movt. from Trusty several days, and I've already been thinking about modding it. The dial was no good.

This is my shopping list so far (I know where to get them), please let me know what else I need and where to get it (if you know of course). Thanks!

1. Gen Dial (must)

2. Gen Hands (must)

3. Gen Crown (optional)

4. Gen Bezel (optional)

Where can I find gen bezel insert only? Do I need any date disc or mask for the gen dial? Where can I get them at? I am not planning on getting double AR yet, even though it would make the watch sing. Especially Chief is having trouble coating them right now.

Thanks for your input!

CougarEE

Gen crystal - the most unique shimmering AR amazing

Gen tube because if you want a gen crown the threads are different than the rep tube

Gen casebacks available if you want one, mine arrives Monday hope it fits!!

No go on a gen insert only gotta buy the whole bezel assembly

Mine has every available Gen part from otto frei except the gen bezel assembly and bracelet (I do have a gen clasp and clasp end links though). Rex modded my pearl to sit properly, lumed it and even added a layer of hard clear epoxy over the pearl to mimic the pane of sapphire over the gen pearl

As someone who owned two gen Planet oceans it has been a very satisfying project though if I knew I would have gone this far I prob would have just kept my last gen. There are a number of us who formed a little Genified UPO club both here and at Repgeek

first of all, with the money you will be putting into this watch, you will find yourself not too far away from a used gen.

one option is to buy this one and sell the one you got from trusty, saves you a lot of time and hassle,

you cannot find a gen insert one its own, you have to buy the whole assembly, take out the insert and sand it down (its quite a bit thicker than the rep)

some people say the you need a gen date disk, but the eta font on your swiss (if indeed a swiss was sent to you....you might want to check) will be fine

finally double AR on this one is a must

Gen tube because if you want a gen crown the threads are different than the rep tube

Mine has every available Gen part from otto frei except the gen bezel assembly and bracelet (I do have a gen clasp and clasp end links though). Rex modded my pearl to sit properly, lumed it and even added a layer of hard clear epoxy over the pearl to mimic the pane of sapphire over the gen pearl

As someone who owned two gen Planet oceans it has been a very satisfying project though if I knew I would have gone this far I prob would have just kept my last gen. There are a number of us who formed a little Genified UPO club both here and at Repgeek

Thanks for the tip! Who would you recommend to have the watch modded in US?

first of all, with the money you will be putting into this watch, you will find yourself not too far away from a used gen.

one option is to buy this one and sell the one you got from trusty, saves you a lot of time and hassle,

you cannot find a gen insert one its own, you have to buy the whole assembly, take out the insert and sand it down (its quite a bit thicker than the rep)

some people say the you need a gen date disk, but the eta font on your swiss (if indeed a swiss was sent to you....you might want to check) will be fine

I agree with you. With all parts put together is really not worth it (money wise). I am thinking about putting as minimal as possible to make mine at least acceptable in my standard. Right now the biggest disappointment is the dial. I know if I change out the dial, I may as well change the hands since they will lume differently. Then it's the bezel pearl. I always thought the UPO's pearl is pretty close to gen... from all the praises I read on RWG.

I really like the UPO 007. It's just that my budget is running a little low after puchasing a gen RXW MM20 and a DSN 44mm. :(

Thanks for your input!

Edited by cougaree

Does the UPO accept the whole gen bezel assembly?

I hope your case back fits. Please keep me posted on this. :)

Does the UPO accept the whole gen bezel assembly?

No, i have seen one member who had five posts say that he fitted the entire bezel assembly, but apart from that the general consensus is that the entire assembly will not fit,

since the rep bezel assembly clicks and feels just like the gen putting the gen insert only in, is a very good choice.

(by the way, i own a fully modded UPO... with Gen Dial ( a must), Gen insert (a must also), Gen Rubber strap. everything else rep)

No, i have seen one member who had five posts say that he fitted the entire bezel assembly, but apart from that the general consensus is that the entire assembly will not fit,

since the rep bezel assembly clicks and feels just like the gen putting the gen insert only in, is a very good choice.

(by the way, i own a fully modded UPO... with Gen Dial ( a must), Gen insert (a must also), Gen Rubber strap. everything else rep)

Does the hands of your modded UPO lume the same way as the gen dial? Mine hands has finger prints on it, so I have to replace them even if they lume same as the dial. :( Very frustrating.

otto frei for all the parts including the caseback (which was overkill but I was bored plus the UPO caseback reallly does kinda suck lined up with a gen)

Rex modded mine, regulated it, loved it, nurtured it, ect ect - I can't highly recommend anyone more in my opinion

All told (watch, parts, labor, ect) about $1000.00

Legit (non ebay unless bonafied powerseller or watch reseller.) Planet Ocean - about $2000.00

Pics please!!! :)

do the gen spring bars work on the 45.5 PO?

i was on otto frei trying to find the part #'s......

i got confused because it was stating the rubber band used a different spring bar (OME-Spring-Bar-05) versus the metal bracelet spring bar (OME-Spring-Bar-03)....the rep spring bar worked fine with the rep bracelet and the gen rubber band.

any suggestions on which part to use? :)

The UPO is fully moddable in the hands of a good modder.

Question is how far do you want to go and how much you wanna spend?

Musts:

1. Gen Dial

2. Gen Hands

3. Chief AR Crystal

4. Gen crown & tube

Optional

1. Bezel insert from fleabay - Wholesale Outlet

2. He Valve assemble

With regards to spring bars.... I dont know if its necessary to buy gen, just buy 22mm spring bars in different thicknes to get the best fit.

My franken turned out like this.

P2220073.jpg

Enjoy the project....

Cheers

Siesta181

P1010840.jpg

P1010926.jpg

P1010928.jpg

Here's a few, sorry not the best photographer

The UPO is fully moddable in the hands of a good modder.

Question is how far do you want to go and how much you wanna spend?

Musts:

1. Gen Dial

2. Gen Hands

3. Chief AR Crystal

4. Gen crown & tube

Optional

1. Bezel insert from fleabay - Wholesale Outlet

2. He Valve assemble

With regards to spring bars.... I dont know if its necessary to buy gen, just buy 22mm spring bars in different thicknes to get the best fit.

My franken turned out like this.

P2220073.jpg

Enjoy the project....

Cheers

Siesta181

Two very nice franken UPOs!

I must say this is really one of the best reps available for modding!

otto frei for all the parts including the caseback (which was overkill but I was bored plus the UPO caseback reallly does kinda suck lined up with a gen)

Rex modded mine, regulated it, loved it, nurtured it, ect ect - I can't highly recommend anyone more in my opinion

All told (watch, parts, labor, ect) about $1000.00

Legit (non ebay unless bonafied powerseller or watch reseller.) Planet Ocean - about $2000.00

Did the GEN case back fit? Also, can you post a link to the GEN case back on otto frei, looked but couldn't find it.

Edited by cebo0650

do the gen spring bars work on the 45.5 PO?

i was on otto frei trying to find the part #'s......

i got confused because it was stating the rubber band used a different spring bar (OME-Spring-Bar-05) versus the metal bracelet spring bar (OME-Spring-Bar-03)....the rep spring bar worked fine with the rep bracelet and the gen rubber band.

any suggestions on which part to use? :)

Well, I decided to answer my own questions......I went and got a couple of Gen Omega springbars from my AD for the 45.5 PO.

I asked which would be the correct springbar for the metal bracelet and which would be the correct one for my Gen rubber strap, they told me it was the same springbar....from otto frei, it would be the OME-Spring-Bar-05. It fits perfectly and is so much more sturdy than the rep springbars. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guys,

What is the case number for getting the crown tube and crystal to mod my UPO?

Thanks again!

Cougaree

From Ofrei

Omega Case Tube 090ST1232, SKU # OME-090ST1232

Omega Stainless Steel Crown 42184, SKU # 8100/3905W

Should be in the $45.00 neighborhood for both.