When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Reps that doom sayers are talking about

chronology1066

.... How far this industry has come in such a short time is staggering. Not so long ago EVERY Rolex rep used to look like this.

...The moral of the story is everyone needs to appreciate what we have - especially the noobs since they probably don't really know where we came from.

It's true. Every now and then we need reminders on how good we have it in the rep world. I remember these high quality days and not even thinking anything was wrong at the time as I didn't think reps could get any better. It doesn't take long to forget the "roots" and the history and just want more, More, MORE!!!

I do like that caseback though...especially the "Extreme"!!!

Is that a hole in the dial just below the '12' marker?

Awesome :tu::lol: To be honest, I did actually wonder if it might have had a mechanical movement, due to the GMT designations... Silly me :lol:

maybe it's a LED light when you press the crown!!

I do agree with you, Robbie, Tmeister and Toad. When you turn your head and look back, you realize how lucky you are and how good are our reps. Nothing to do with those of a few years ago...

By the way, regarding the movement of this *jewel*, is it an ETA? If not, could I upgrade it to an ETA? :p

Let By-Tor make a review of this or a comparison between the gen and this rep (can we call it rep?). He will demonstrate that they only have one thing in common and I don

Oh man, that's so grim, it's awesome :tu:

The scary thing, is with a little work (okay, several transplants :lol: ) You could probably get a reasonably presentable watch out of it :)A GMT hand would be a good place to start ;)

Haha this was my first thought too was 'uh.. .thats a GMT master without a GMT hand???' but as a noob i was afraid to say anything as i thought maybe there was some version at some time that had the name but not the hand? lol