When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded UPO pictures

siesta181

Yo Peeps,

Got my UPO back from my local watchmaker. But nows its fitted with Gen dial, hands, crown and tube + Chief's AR. Just some regular mods, not as "hardcore" as some of the other leading members.

This is my first Omega rep and I had to get it once I saw RobbieG's gen 42mm PO. So thanks Robbie, you just cost me a few hundred bucks.... :D

Pictures taken using Oly P&S... So sorry for the poor pics. Resolution defenitely not as good as the Sony DSLR... didn't expect the difference to be so noticeable.

P2220073.jpg

P2220072.jpg

P2220070.jpg

P2220080.jpg

Cheers

Siesta181

Thanks guys for looking and for the comments.

Chief AR is an absolute must but the clumsy careless oaf in me managed to to get two scratches on it hours after receiving it. Car keys and watches don,t go too well together.

@stevekill - I am fortunate to have someone locally willing to take on the job. As for Chief, he's having an AR run now. have a look in his section for details.

Cheers

Siesta181

Great Siesta.. Congrats... FYI.. the OEM style pearl .. (wholesale outlet) on the bay.. but you have to get the entire insert .. the genuine insert is a fraction of a mm smaller and thicker.. but I sourced it for the pearl only.. regardless you got a beauty there..

dsc0054.jpg

you can see the genuine pearl on the poster in the background, the after market pearl on the orange insert is closer if not spot on with the genuine.. .. I have another that I still have to stick on the black insert..

the infamous pearl on the inserts will always be the "tell" that can give away the piece..

dsc0037c.jpg

Live Strong and Wear it Well

Aloha~Cheers

L

here you can see the big difference in the pearls...

the genuine bezel.. cost over 200 usd ... then the franken would be close to a used genuine.. so this would be the alternative,.. cause the insert is just as good.. and the OEM insert would not fit the bezel..

I'm not trying to "bogart" you thread.. but there is an alternative to fixing the insert .. rather than buying the whole bezel.. btw.. the lume on the after market pearl will match your genuine dial's lume..

csc0028.jpg

Thanks Lani.... will have a look and will probably do it.

So buy the bay insert and use just the pearl or will the bay insert fit the UPO directly without modifications?

the insert (wholesale O) is a fraction of a mm smaller and it would have to be milled (thicker) .. it is OEM spec.. and the rep bezel is a hair bigger than the genuine.. a very small fraction of a mm.

But this beats sourcing the genuine bezel.. which would have to be moddded to fit the rep case anyway

Siesta.. sorry I was running outta the house .. but the ebay pearl fits right into the rep insert.. the rep pearl plucks right out.. and I use the rubber cement that grade schoolers use.. it stays firm but if you need to , it can be removed rather easily,..

btw.... My black dial has a genuine crystal ~ the Orange Pumpkin has Chiefs Ar'd xtal on it

• 2 weeks later...
This is my first Omega rep and I had to get it once I saw RobbieG's gen 42mm PO. So thanks Robbie, you just cost me a few hundred bucks.... :D

Sorry dude! And congrats, man that looks great. Just do a pearl like Lani's and you will be set now. It isn't the shape of it on the UPO as much as the green color that messes with the look. And see the attached pic. You do want to shave it down a bit so it is recessed. As you can see the gen is recessed quite a bit which is really noticable believe it or not at a distance.

Anyway, I always say that the only reason I ever bought the gen 42MM was because there wasn't a great version in that size and/or I didn't want to bother with all the mods on the big size. When I see yours, D's, Lani's, etc. it is no doubt clear that you have pretty much the gen watch there when finished for about a quarter to a third of the gen cost or less. The Planet Ocean is such a simple piece and even then gen is very reasonable for what it is. A well made and extremely versatile watch!

Here is the pic to use as a guide for recessing the pearl. You want to mill the top of it so it is concave, not convex:

POwrista.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lani, any chance of getting a straight on shot of the Wholesale O pear in the rep insert?

I don't know if its just the angle but the WO pearl looks like it extends past the triangle, if that makes sense.

I am trying to compare the WO pearl/rep insert to the OEM insert as seen here http://www.rwg.cc/members/Omega-PO-Gen-dial-t89520.html