When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Mark VII Dial

jmayfair

I recently purchased a DRSD at a sale and I'm doing my best to restore her to good order. I've managed to get everything gen, including the band, bezel and even a vintage acrylic. But I've had absolutely no luck finding a dial for it (and I prefer the Mark VII to its previous incarnations). Does anyone have any suggestions for sourcing a Mark VII dial for the 1665?

Isn't that a bit like asking if anyone has a Mona Lisa on canvas that you can put into your new frame? Sorry, but the dial makes the watch in this case, and bottom line... I seriously doubt if anyone would sell that dial IF they had it. And if they did, it would likely go mid-four figures. Maybe five.

Good luck!

I recently purchased a DRSD at a sale and I'm doing my best to restore her to good order. I've managed to get everything gen, including the band, bezel and even a vintage acrylic. But I've had absolutely no luck finding a dial for it (and I prefer the Mark VII to its previous incarnations). Does anyone have any suggestions for sourcing a Mark VII dial for the 1665?

But isn't the Mk VII just a replacement dial? I thought those were being issued as late as last year.

:o you must be kidding

Not really. The original band is practically destroyed, the caseback is a mess, and I've had to find replacements for the crystal and bezel. She was going to be a franken from the start, so in the purer sense, I wasn't looking to have a 100% vintage so much as a rather new looking 1665 "hybrid."