When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 09

Watchmeister

Ziggy had shown some pics of my 09 redone in tritium and I recently got it back and was so excited with the results I had to show them with the only appropriate strap. ;) This one sports a case done in proper TiAln with FGD's second generation Pre-A 09 dial redone in tritium and a proper PAV strap with PVD buckle. The results in person are just spectacular. I could not be happier. I am loving those snow storms in the Great North - they keep Ziggy at home and on the bench. :lol:

IMGP2704.jpg

IMGP2700.jpg

Here is the gen for comparison (pic stolen from the infamous T swiss T article)

GenPicture.jpg

And one of Ziggy's original shots:

09intritium1-1.jpg

that watch is just astonoshingly beautiful. Its so minimalistic, yet so refined. The sausage dial really looks perfect.

all hail the zigmeister for another triumph in modding.

Cant wait for rolli to get back with the new pvd prices, so i can have my 004 and 028 pvd.

really nice...and the PAV strap is really giving the ultimate, almost GEN look...

I love the strap as well. I have had a pair of these for eons and someday the other one is destined for my illusory 28A (2009 project).

Funny thing is that it isn't gen but in better shape. None of my A dials are even vaguely in such good shape. :lol: Try sending back your T dial to Panerai for a refinish or to repair the Tritium and you will get it back relumed in Lume - seriously. The one other thing I didn't mention is that Ziggy managed to exactly replicate the vague glow he has seen on the gen A's I have sent him over the last few years both on the dial and the slightly more luminescent hands. Ziggy takes care of many of my watches but on this one he outdid himself.

I've got to be honest, W - I'm not sure about the aged look. Let me swap you a nice new strap and brand new dial (none of that aged stuff) - I'll even be good enough to take that Pre-A off of your hands. ;)

Seriously though, I don't know where you get some of these parts for your projects, but it really does pay off. I've got a Pre-A 009 project on the way and if it looks even half as good as this, I'll be over the moon! Looking great, and it's good to see different parts of the community coming together to make this possible (what with FGD's dial and Rob's amazing handy work!).

Looks absolutely bloody marvelous W! A real masterpiece.

I see what you mean about the TiAln it looks PERFECT, but you've also nailed the hands perfectly as well! The whole thing looks the cats PJ's!!

It's a real pleasure to see the first of the 2nd generation dials looking as good as they get!

"The Master" is clearly increasing his powers at an exponential rate!!

Every watch I receive back is perfect , but the next one I receive always seems to be even better. I'm not sure how this is possible but here we are again with another "first" that seemed an impossibility a few months ago

Enjoy

FGD

Thanks for the kind comments. Half the fun on these projects is collecting the materials (as you know it often can take years). The other half is coming up with new challenges and then working with the master to achieve the final effect.

FGD-

The dial is fantastic - much thanks. :)

RMC - I suspect that yours will come out every bit as good. PM me with any questions.

And to all I should add that the cherry on top of the sundae are the folks that step up to help. Both guys above are just such guys as are many others around here. And that is what I love about this place. :thumbsupsmileyanim: