When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which To Choose?

Mark Eleven

Which one would you choose?

If I were planning a trip to the moon, as one does, then I'd have to say without a doubt, I'd take the MoonWatch. For every day wear, I'd have to choose ... the MoonWatch, as it makes it look like I'm planning another trip to THE MOON!!!

MoonWatch wins every time, hands down.

gen or rep?

If it's gen there's no issue -- you get the 183 since it's twice as much! Even if you want the Speedy you take the 183 sell it and pocket the difference :3a:

The 183 is a LOT closer to gen than the moonwatch rep and I own both. I know the latter has its fans but wrong subdial placement, cheapy bezel and incorrect 6'clock hand function are all pretty significant flaws in my book. Especially considering it's a not that cheap rep of a not that expensive gen.

If it's gen there's no issue -- you get the 183 since it's twice as much! Even if you want the Speedy you take the 183 sell it and pocket the difference :3a:

The 183 is a LOT closer to gen than the moonwatch rep and I own both. I know the latter has its fans but wrong subdial placement, cheapy bezel and incorrect 6'clock hand function are all pretty significant flaws in my book. Especially considering it's a not that cheap rep of a not that expensive gen.

I agree. The moonwatch rep doesn't look so accurate to me.

Also you can get a used moonwatch for only around a $1000us.

I have both and they both look great. I had the 6 o'clock dial frozen on the Moonwatch, so the hand sits continuously at 12. But the Moonwatch is one heavy sucker. The bracelet is solid and quite massive, the watch itself is not far behind a PAM. My DRSD gets far more wrist time, since it feels more comfortable to wear. But in terms of finish and style, the Moonwatch has it all. Make sure to get the version with the bulbous plexi though, the flat saphire version looks like a joke. The 183 on the other hand is great too. Even more accurate than the Moonwatch, since you do not have the issue with the subdial spacint. But on mine the threads of the crown wore down extremely fast and you definitely need to replace the straps, they suck big time. If I had to choose again, I would probably go for the 183, making sure to get one without the stripping thread issue. It is just more comfortable to wear and does not have any big give aways.

I have both and they both look great. I had the 6 o'clock dial frozen on the Moonwatch, so the hand sits continuously at 12. But the Moonwatch is one heavy sucker. The bracelet is solid and quite massive,

I recommend geting a leather strap, it completely transforms the watch.

I too am considering freezing the 6 dial. I wonder if Palpatine knows how to do that, he can give it a go when he has my watch in for a relume. :D

96293-27287.jpg

I recommend geting a leather strap, it completely transforms the watch.

I too am considering freezing the 6 dial. I wonder if Palpatine knows how to do that, he can give it a go when he has my watch in for a relume. :D

96654-27209.jpg

Be careful when you freeze the 6 sub-dial the chrono mvmt is v sensitive. The Zigmeister got mine working again however. I've also got the 183 which has been lumed and the recessed pin replaced by PT and it looks the muts nuts :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by baltic