When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aft~AR (after) Chiefs AR

lanikai

Sorry, I got carried away with women and got OT. Back to AR. In my experience there has been no genuine AR which is comparable to Chief's except UN's colorless variety. They have two coatings that they have used in the last few years, both are extremely powerful - most powerful in my box by far. I think they like to use the tinted version on black dials as it helps bring out the richness. The other they use on light dials which has no color. You guys have seen the images many times, but again totally colorless AND powerful. Until I got that MMD I had never seen anything so good as Chiefs. It seems like there are others which are as strong or near as strong, but they all have color to them. But not these...

UN12r.jpg

UNwrist.jpg

UNwrist3.jpg

UNwrista.jpg

I do like the gen PO's AR though. Very powerful and I actually like the little bit of color on a black dialed watch. I like the way it brings out the purple spectrum in blacks, but Jakob's for example I didn't like so much. I got it on an homage watch I did and it wasn't anywhere near strong enough for my taste and it had a very solid and relatively light blue color to it at angles, but defintely more blue than purple. If AR is tinted I prefer it to be pretty dark myself and again, on a black dialed watch only.

Yeah, man that bar was great! Wow! We would go there after rehearsals a lot on Friday nights. It was so happening and the hottest women were hanging from the rafters. If you left there with less than two you were having a really bad night. I'm certain that place was the catalyst for more menage a' trois than anywhere in the country. That well had to be the toughest to work in town. I swear I can EXACTLY picture the lead well there like it was yesterday. We would always hang right at that little nook just down from it closest to the door.

Hey didn't Selleck and Menetti buy that place at the tail end of filming PI? I think we are going back to what 87 or 88 now?

hehe, you it was the most happening place in town, and the Krystal flowed like crazy .. the knook you reffered to was the best area .. you could check out the entire lounge area... the lead well was facing the side with the entrance to the kitchen.. or where ever the most waitress' congregated.. you know a place is hot when all the bar crews from other clubs end up there.. we had the cabariet license.. 4 am ....

Selleck owned only 1% for name only ... Pat Bollen (Denver Broncos) was the principle owner.. he loved the place.. for obvious reasons... I think that's where my left ear drum was damaged.. :rolleyes: .. Azure McCale.. was my fav ... the Billie Holliday voice..

Ahhh those were free and fun day's B)

I guess in the end it didn't make money? It doesn't seem possible. I can't imagine what the bar was ringing in a weekend but it had to be staggering. I do know RR has had troubel attracting fine dining crowds as it is known more as a drinking and partying spot. But that may have changed?

And yes, Azure McCall -

I guess in the end it didn't make money? It doesn't seem possible. I can't imagine what the bar was ringing in a weekend but it had to be staggering. I do know RR has had troubel attracting fine dining crowds as it is known more as a drinking and partying spot. But that may have changed?

And yes, Azure McCall -

Yes, I alway's like to research whatever interest me.... not so I can do the same thing .. but I don't like to wonder about something when the info is so readily available these day's..

hope this helps your curioustiy too //H :)

Exactly..

This is why I love this forum so much.

Since I

Lani,

I hope you don't mind if I add this pic of a couple of my watches with Cheif's coating.

Many people question if you see the difference with a white dial, I think this shot does a good job of demonstrating that indeed it does.

watches108.jpg

Not at all RT... !!! the more the merrier.. post um if ya got um !!!

that is one STUNNING looking dial ... could it be because of the ........ ;)

• 1 month later...
New to this forum and loving it! specially the AR coating on the watches posted! can anybody walk me to contacting the Chief? thanks!

Go to the mod section.. chief can be found ... he has recieved the latest AR run back from the coater... you will see more amazing ..Non~Crystals on wathces this month !!

Look at Chiefs sig. above a rew posts .. and jus click...

You should check into the intro section and get to know us all first though .. this is an amazing community and you have jus entered the most Glorious Obsession !! :D

Aloha~Cheers B)

Lani

Heh heh heh!

Lani 5 new coated crystals are en route over the Pacific on their way to the land of hula dancers and stogies as we speak.

PS... Another mass mailing tomorrow, with the rest going out Saturday.

Mahalo Plenty CT !!!

Wow!!!! this was Super Fast turn around... about ..1 month since I mailed them off..

I'm sure I'll have pics of the BP 5004 withyour AR in it in a few day's .. I'll add it on to the review..!!

Aloha

R

Go to the mod section.. chief can be found ... he has recieved the latest AR run back from the coater... you will see more amazing ..Non~Crystals on wathces this month !!

Look at Chiefs sig. above a rew posts .. and jus click...

You should check into the intro section and get to know us all first though .. this is an amazing community and you have jus entered the most Glorious Obsession !! :D

Aloha~Cheers B)

Lani

Thanks for the headsup Lani!! i actually am enjoying this forum, superb!!