When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO Chrono Chinese 21J just stopped working

mikephotog

My daughter has returned from Malaysia with a not bad looking PO Chrono with a chinese 21J movement.

It has been running ok for over a week, now today when I was adjusting the time it just stopped working completely.

Having said all that, it was only a cheapy...under US$65

Any thoughts/ideas?

Edited by mikephotog

The next time you order from a dealer here, ask him to send you a movement for it. Sometimes dealers are cool like that and have one laying around. You can get a lot of stuff like that just by asking - assuming you have a good relationship with whatever dealer you use.

Show a pic of the movement if you can get the back off...and people here might be able to tell you what movement you can get a replacement for. There are a couple different A21J movements...so you need to make sure you get the right one to do a swap otherwise it might not fit.

Hey that's surprisingly good rep, considering it has been bought from the streets.

Does the rotor function normally, with correct "friction"? And is the watch completely dead... the seconds hand doesn't move at all (not even just a few seconds) when you give it the "shake rattle and roll"?

Does it react to hand winding?

That's what I though By-Tor, not a bad choice by someone who didn't really know what to look for. As long as you ignore the date window and the non functioning sub dials.

She only knew that dad often carries on about some "orange watch with dials on it".

The rotor seems to move as per my King Seamaster AT and the second hand is fully dead. "Shake rattle and roll" has no effect.

No result from hand winding.

It stopped working when I was resetting the time.