When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Ceramic gaining 1 Hour a Day!

millemiglia

If you're willing to take the caseback off, Ive used this method to unstick a gummed up balance spring. With the watch running, get a dust blower and blow it in the direction of the hairspring and this may untangle/free it. I've used this method twice now and cured two fast running watches with the same symptoms you describe... ;)

The more I think about it the more I become prone not to ship anything back...

Now this accounts for the one I have given to my brother in law (we ordered 2, mine was still in bubble-wrap untill 20 minutes ago...) now hear this you're gonna love it...

Mine doesn't work at all!!! It seems that the rotor is dislodged (a metal "thing" that would appear to have the same size as the rotor, is movin freely inside) :brow:

Since I will probably have to bring it to a watch smith (no more problems with customs and RLX lawyers thank you very much) , my question is, would it be difficult to install it back? (maybe it would be cheaper to buy a case-back opener for RLX cases and do it myself?)

Ziggy is probably right, although it is also possible that the hairspring is either tangled in an adjacent wheel or magnetized (the effects of each, running fast, are very similar). In either case, I would recommend that you NOT slap or strike it. That is likely to compound the problem if the hairspring is tangled. I would have a watchmaker look at it. He may be able to de-magnetize it (which is a good idea even before you open the case) while you wait. If de-magnetizing does not help, then he will need to clean or detangle the spring. But if the spring is stuck together due to dirt/oil, you will probably need to have the movement serviced, which I would do anyway since rep watches generally come with used or unserviced movements in them.

p.s. my friend had to send $350 to RLX USA ohmy.gif after he received that sam love note from rlx ..

Um, no, he did not! Buying a rep is not against the law. Selling one is. Just RLX being [censored].

ALLWAYS ignore any "note" from our friends at RLX.

Col.

I don't think that if I slap it the problem would get "much worse" to the point that bringing the watch to a watch maker afterward he would find it unserviceable.

Or would it? :confused:

It would if the watch is running fast due to a hairspring that is tangled on an adjacent part, which can occur if the watch was subjected to a severe impacts (like being slapped) during shipment. Of course, it is still repairable. But replacement of a hairspring is alot more expensive than simply untangling it. However, everything is mere conjecture until you take the watch to a watchmaker.

oh yes he did ;)

he received THE RX letter & called me up & read it to me , i can say that as he was reading it to me , he had to take a small break to change his shorts :p ..

& in the letter it did say it was illegal to buy or sell reps :g: ..

i told him not to do anything but he sent a money order for $350 to the rx lawyers in nyc ..

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Hello, I indeed slapped the thing :p

Sadly though it didn't produce the slightest change the watch is running ultrafast as before <_<

Could it be that I slapped it too lightly? Should the watch be running during the slap or should I stop the seconds hand?

Please let me know :notworthy:

SOLVED!!! :yahoo:

It turns out Adreww was right (BIG THANKS MAN!!! :clap2: ) in my case i put the watch upside-down on a puffy leather wallet and banged the thing lightly with a watch hammer (those that have one side metallic and the other anti-scratch, I used the latter of course).

After two hours it didn't gain a single second (it would have gained 8 minutes as it was before!!!)

Hope this might solve other fellow member's problems too!

Thanks a lot to everyone you for all your different advices and thanks again to andreww!