When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Serious Watch Photography

asf

Certainly world class, although if I am to be honest his use of light and diffusion and the associated techniques aren't the best I have seen in horology. They are technically great but to me they are missing soul or something. Hard to quantify. But his use of strobes is very technically proficient

He certainly is achieving things better than I, but then my more serious photography is in landscape work and not watches. In fact I use a point and shoot for all the pictorials I have ever posted here. Anyway, thanks for posting. I enjoyed the images and don't mean to be overly critical. It's just that I have seen some really amazing soulful horology work that has jaded me forever. And lets not forget we have some guys on the forums that are doing stuff this good every week! How lucky we are to have them!

Oh, I never left the first page. I guess that is why I didn't spot any reps. Surely the column wheel king wouldn't have missed that one. If I did I guess it might question plagerism on my 2310/175/ST19 article huh?

Ha ha ha. There were too many watches on one page that some got over looked right? :p

I just like how it wasnt anything too fancy of a set up to get these nice photographs

I suspect his set up would count as "fancy" to most of us.

... and I agree with Robbie. There's something missing. Maybe it's the way he pulls the crowns out or composes the shots. I don't know. Technically, I could learn an awful lot from his lighting, if I had his budget.