When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel Rep Lume

turbox7

Hi Turbox7,

I have had 2 of those in my hands, and have to say, the rep lume is just the standard rep lume like other standard Breitling replica's with A7750. The lume won't too expensive I guess. just a few dots on the dial, the hour and minute hand and the chrono sec. hand. Will be around 100-120 usd I estimate.

Very much worth while and you will have a super rep.

2 things to consider here:

Major 1 is that the lume even on the gen is not going to glow from across the room, the lume dots are very small so they are not going to be very bright or obvious. The rep is like most Breitling reps, the lume is poor but it is in the proper color, some Breitling reps are lumed in a wrong shade on the hands and/or dial. Based on how much it would glow or the color I would not pay the money to relume it.

2nd Factor to consider is the lume dots are not perfectly applied on the dial.

This is the main reason that I or most members would pay $100 - $150 to get this watch relumed.

This is more the point the relume would fix the allignment of the dots, which is OK compared to some other rep watches but sloppy compared to the gen.

Don't think you are paying this money so your Black Steel will glow like an Xmas tree it is not meant to do that you would be paying to make the watch more accurate and gen like.

after Ziggy relumed my black Bird .. you can see it from across the room... B)

if you are going to relume the dial... you may as well get the sub hands and the chrono (tip) repainted.. to match the inner bezel red, which is the proper (red)colour.. the hands have too much orange in them .. just like the SMP chrono did (I say 'did' as past tense ... since Ziggy repainted them to match the markers)

Getting The Zigmeister to do a relume not only gives you a good superlume, but FIXES the misaligned lume dots...well worth the cost when you're dealing with an amazing rep like this one. Very happy with mine, only wish I knew about the repainting of the red hands before I sent mine to Rob, but now that it's back...love it. :victory: