When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE Super Franken now on gen Bracelet

rogerthat

My baby has had so many mods I am embarrassed.... could have bought a gen...maybe not

For example: started out with double AR factory, modded by Jacob, then again modded to Chief's current AR.

Just got her back after the final round of mods.

Gen bracelet ready to be installed, I will take some new pics once I make the switch this weekend.

watches138.jpg

watches132.jpg

watches129.jpg

watches164.jpg

watches165.jpg

Adding 2 other Lings in my collection, just becuase I feel like it!

watches114-1.jpg

watches118-1.jpg

Discovery110 or is it Defender110 has gen bezels and gen dials for sale often, not positive if he does right now, send him a PM.

I guess I got lucky with this Lello wheel, this was an earlier batch.

Well done rogerthat...This is not to be called "franken" any more "almost gen" ;) How much does a gen dial cost approximately??

• 2 weeks later...
ad.jpg

A little Photoshop knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I found this glorious site 2 weeks ago and I am already in possession of two mechanical wonders from our good friend Josh. They got here with no trouble in just under a week. The first is a Breitling SFSO, with the white face. I'd seen Pugwash's pics and was instantly reduced to that most contemptuous of creatures: the lovesick swain. I just had to have it. I was able, the next day, to add an Omega Railmaster to the order before it went out, saving some shipping dollars, but it had already gone out when I put in a third order for the Tag F1, which has not yet arrived. I will post pics of the Railmaster presently, but let me just say in the meantime, it is... sublime. Something I did not know about myself before I found this place: I am an Omega man.

Here's a face shot of the SFSO:

rwg01.jpg

A close-up of the face:

rwg02.jpg

The numbers are dark in this shot, but that's a reflection. They are silver.

Here's the back:

rwg03.jpg

You might notice some odd lines in this pic, in some places looking like dust strands. These are reflections of the bent up coat hangar that I fashioned into a rack to hang the watch on so as to get this shot. And if you look to the left of the word "CHRON" you'll see the photographer, too clumsy to get out of the way of his own picture.

Here's the bracelet:

rwg05.jpg

And of course, a wrist shot:

rwg06.jpg

For those who want an extreme, and I do mean EXTREME close-up of the watch face, point a browser here:

http://www.mickporter.com/watch.html

On a standard 72 dpi monitor, the watchface is about five feet square, and takes a while to load, even on a fast connection. Talk about warts and all. But at normal distances, it's a beauty, and I am well pleased.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go out and find a second job, so as to be able to afford more of these lovelies. I've already got my eye on a Panerai and an IWC.

Cheers,

mick92627

If you can get everything gen for less that the real ling, I don't think I would ever buy a I gen, I would just go the franken route and save some money. At this point I am going the rep route until I can afford the real deal.