When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For omega fans

MasterOfPuppets

The bond thing sounds like [censored] to me but the movement does look to be a Calibre 564 (I own one- superb movement) BUT there is a tendency for dishonest sellers to take the scrap rotor and winding bridges from Chronometer series 564s and put them on lower 17 jewel movements...not nec. the case but sometimes you can tell by the coloring of the bridges.

As to "cheap"- the reserve hasn't been met yet...for all we know it could be $2000...

The bond thing is weird...I may pass the link to Desmond Guilfoyle for review...

Well the vintage Omegas are also more valuable if they have certain in-house chronometer movements like the 561, 564, and 751.... 35x bumper autos vary in price...it's a buyer's market in the vintage watch arena...I just picked up a Girard Perraguex HF (high frequency) chronometer 39 (functional) jewels, 36,000 vph in-house movement in great condition (being shipped to me right now hopefully lol...paid today) for....wait for it.

Under $200.

Now, it'll probably need a servicing but that's a small price to pay...

I've forwarded the link for the Omega to noted expert Desmond Guilfoyle (whose articles on vintage Constellations are amazing...to say the least...and can be found in my review of my vintage Omega) for review...I'll keep the forum posted.

wat9785.jpg

wat9785(2).jpg

A reply from Desmond:

...Fishy I guess is as good a word to use for this Ukranian confection! The case is actually from an Omega

Geneve, the movement is probably a concoction of parts and James Bond got about as close to this

Seamaster as Richard Nixon did integrity.

A fabrication from go to whoa.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Desmond

As suspected.

Remember: it's a jungle out there!!

Not nec... you need to be smart, do your research, and buy from established, trusted sellers.

thats why i posted this

for me research = RWG

no better place to find the truth from real experts, ans thats the process of becoming one

still a long road ahead of me, but the journey is amazing so far!!

thank u for ur time

thats why i posted this

for me research = RWG

no better place to find the truth from real experts, ans thats the process of becoming one

still a long road ahead of me, but the journey is amazing so far!!

thank u for ur time

No problem...just paying it forward (as LordRasta- who seems to have been absent for some time- said in a wonderfully worded post)