When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best sports watch with a suit?

By-Tor

For me it depends on the tightness of cuff. Of my current batch I prefer the explorer I or my INGE. I love my white faced expII but I feel it's more of a dressed down dress sports watch. Now having said this, the few times I had to be on tv I sported my UPO. It makes me feel more powerful :) great thread.

Members really need to stop posting pictures of this watch, I am getting itchy fingers for this one! :) It looks like such a nice shade of blue, the type that would be really versatile! Another nice watch that you own Slask!

I also have to wear a suit from time to time and i use my TAG Link or a 104 for those days. Due to the big chrono buttons on the 1911 i tend to use that wearing a shirt/jeans/jacket but not with a suit. Its a damn nice watch though :)

Excellent post have been keen to hear about peoples thoughts regarding this matter.

wrist.jpg

*edit* rezied image

I was just thinking... I don't wear a suit often. Yesterday and today I had to wear a suit (work duties) and came to the conclusion that my Discovery is the only real "dressy" watch that I own. Being the geek that I am, I snapped some watch pics before I went to the office. :D

I don't know if my Ebel is a "sports chronograph" or what it should be called... but it's not overly bulky like some other watches I have (the SMP Chronograph for example). It's actually a thick watch (all 7750 watches are) but the slender lines don't make it look so. It's also a big watch (43mm) but not ridiculously so, because of the case shape.

Rolexes go really well with a suit too (perhaps not the Pepsi GMT though). Generally, I think white dials are great choices with a suit because they're understated... especially my Ebel (which I consider stunningly elegant and beautiful).

Or what do you say?

IMG_1165.jpg

There must be other people too, who don't wear those gentlemen's dress watches no matter what. So... what are your choices for the occasional dress duties? If you have some wrist shots with a suit please share!

WOW.What a stunning Ebel. What dealer you got it from?

I wear a monkey suit to work every day so almost all my watches get rotation. If it fits under the cuff it gets to go spend a day in the 'salt mines'. That includes the DSSD and many PAMs. The only days I become more restrictive is when we are sitting down with large clients. I tend to go for smaller S/S 'classy' looking sport watches like the VC, FM Conq, TT Sub or a TT Breitling Crosswind. I think you can pull off TT watches very easily because the gold lends a bit of a formal look (if you like TT's that is). Now if it is a true formal event I wouldn't wear a sport watch at all. Only a nice classic watch on a beautiful strap works IMO. That would typically see my 18k RG FM, IWC Port or a Patek.

Now on the weekend it's time to strap on a tuna can and shake my money-maker! :D

rolex16570frankenexplor.jpg

I have to go with dluddy here. These days, people wear whatever they like with a suit. But, traditionally, a small, simple understated watch was the rule when dressing for work or semi-formal occasions. Sport watches should, as the name describes, be worn with sports clothes.

+ 1 B)

DSC02701.jpg

shirtcufrolli.jpg

Laz