When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This Weekend I Went For Shopping...

V

Thanks everyone for your kind words...

It will be send for PVD (actually DLC) in 2 years when I will have no guarantee :p

Also I don't want to post many pictures.. I think it not so fair for the guys who want but cannot have it, for me to come here and post hundreds of pictures of it :unsure:

P.S. Woody I posted some interesting stuff here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=9335

I think it not so fair for the guys who want but cannot have it, for me to come here and post hundreds of pictures of it :unsure:

It is not a matter that they 'cannot have it' but whether if they are willing to invest on a watch which is costs so much more when they can get a rep so close to a gen for much lesser. I'm sure a lot of members here can afford pams but simply cant justify paying so much for such a relatively inexpensive non-inhouse movement. :)

If one does not want to pay for something, there are 1001 excuses for it and vice-versa. I know it 'cos I am like that. :lol:

Enjoy the 112 Kostas. The base is one hell of a watch. I would have gotten the base if I can forgo the second hand dial ( but need that function for my daily practices). Ah well, an excuse to get another. :bleh:

It is not a matter that they 'cannot have it' but whether if they are willing to invest on a watch which is costs so much more when they can get a rep so close to a gen for much lesser. I'm sure a lot of members here can afford pams but simply cant justify paying so much for such a relatively inexpensive non-inhouse movement. :)

If one does not want to pay for something, there are 1001 excuses for it and vice-versa. I know it 'cos I am like that. :lol:

Enjoy the 112 Kostas. The base is one hell of a watch. I would have gotten the base if I can forgo the second hand dial ( but need that function for my daily practices). Ah well, an excuse to get another. :bleh:

Aaron, I know what you mean...

I know that many people here have the money but they cannot justify the purchase of a genuine UNITAS Pam. I was like this 2 years ago... What changed in those two years?

Well the purchase of more and more rep Pams made me NOT EVEN THINK of any other watch to wear.

Trust me the AD had some very very nice Breitlings, Omegas, and even a Rolex SUb around the price I paid for a BASE Panerai.

BUT I wanted to buy a watch I will LOVE everytime I will look at it and know that I will not regret it for the next few years.

I didn't wanted to do an investment.

How I knew the Base was that? Because of the 'excuse' we sometimes give to the genuine owners that we buy reps to see if the genuine will fit us..

I didn't do it for this but it ended like that.

Honestly whatever we will do no rep can ever touch the quality of the genuine. You do a relume, you have to scratch the dial. You change crowns you have to trim something. Change glass and it breaks... Small details that can always separate the gen from the rep. I didn;t mind and I won't mind in my future rep purchases.

As for why I choose the 112, I could afford the 111H and it was available but I chose not to get it because I have WORE for many moths both 112 and 111 and I knew which one I prefered best...

At the end reps made me choose without having to risk if I will like or not a watch. PLUS now I know that this watch can be for a lifetime if I take care of it..

Reps could be too but I never seen them like that (Hence I always bought the cheapest Asian versions - Quantity vs Quality was what I thought)

I know frank watches like Ubi's are superb but I cannot consider them entirely reps.

Kostas, could you please make for us a side by side pictorial with a rep of this one if you actually own a non PVD 112 rep :) That would be something :D

I don't own a non-PVD rep because I have PVD'ed it :blink:

I will do some comparisons though with the 111 :bleh:

Trust me the AD had some very very nice Breitlings, Omegas, and even a Rolex SUb around the price I paid for a BASE Panerai.

BUT I wanted to buy a watch I will LOVE everytime I will look at it and know that I will not regret it for the next few years.

I didn't wanted to do an investment.

How I knew the Base was that? Because of the 'excuse' we sometimes give to the genuine owners that we buy reps to see if the genuine will fit us..

I didn't do it for this but it ended like that.

Honestly whatever we will do no rep can ever touch the quality of the genuine. You do a relume, you have to scratch the dial. You change crowns you have to trim something. Change glass and it breaks... Small details that can always separate the gen from the rep. I didn;t mind and I won't mind in my future rep purchases.

As for why I choose the 112, I could afford the 111H and it was available but I chose not to get it because I have WORE for many months both 112 and 111 and I knew which one I prefered best...

At the end reps made me choose without having to risk if I will like or not a watch. PLUS now I know that this watch can be for a lifetime if I take care of it..

Reps could be too but I never seen them like that (Hence I always bought the cheapest Asian versions - Quantity vs Quality was what I thought)

I know frank watches like Ubi's are superb but I cannot consider them entirely reps.

Cant believe I missed this. Sorry for replying late.

Exactly my sentiments Kostas. Like you, I never buy watches for investment. I buy them to wear them. I don't plan to sell any of my gen watches anyway. Every purchase marks an important occasion for me and it would be silly of me to let go any of them imo.

Funny thing is that I did not even get a 111 rep before I bought the gen. I knew I wanted a gen beater for everyday use. A second hand function is of particular importance and I wanted a watch which is not too dressy, a watch that smiles back at me when I take a glimpse from time to time and of course, a brand that I love - An easy choice there - Panerai. I know this will not be my last Panerai, there will be more in the future. :wounded1:

Good on ya for choosing 112. Excellent choice right there. When I saw the 111 at a boutique, it did not do much for me. But seeing a 112 knocked me over. I love the 112. Having a practical watch is more important for me at this stage, so I proceeded with 111. No regrets. Awesome awesome watch. I have caught myself staring at it for too long.... far too many times. :lol: As for the 112, it is definitely high on the priority list. :)

Edit: And of course I still love my reps :wub: Still wear them out, some of them I used them specifically for rugged usage like the gym and stuff. Now those are real beater watches! And none has let me down so far... yeehah! :drive1:

Thanks a lot guys...

@kruzer00

I really enjoy my watch and still can't take it off... I change straps every day and still I'm in the honeymoon and the reps are resting quitely.

@Quarks

It was very challenging going to an AD and trying todecide the Pam you prefer. Thankfully I had some options off..

1. NO titanium. Too light and it doesn't seems right fro such a big watch

2. NO automatic. I prefered the manual historic models because of the history of the Brand

Although I won't say I was a bit sceptic between 111 and 112 but I am sure now I made the right choice. ;)