When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono

Does anyone have this watch besides 'Condemore' (who told me he got rid of his), and 'bosk'? I'm thinking of getting one and wondering what people think about it.. I'm also wondering why it's not more popular. Aside from the obvious errors like ROO 42mm case instead of correct 40mm case as well as the 6'oclock and 9'oclock subdials being switched.... This watch is one of the most stunnning Royal Oak Chrono's i've ever seen!. If anyone else has this model please let me know your experience with it.

Found info on the Genuine here: http://www.thewatchquote.com/Audemard-Pigu...ion-No_4195.htm

below is a photo.. compliments of 'bosk' from an earlier post on the subject

DSC00289.jpg

I have this RO for over a year now....was told by the dealer that this one is not accurate and there are better ROO....but I bought it anyway....and I never regret a single day of wearing it.

I simply love this watch....the dial color of black and grey is very understatement.

The rubber is not the best but OK for the "older" quality.

The movement is excellent and keeps good time.

If you get a good price on it....GO FOR IT.

Cheers

Theo

myrob.jpg

I bought the watch and i was worried that i wouldn't like it, but when i opened the box, i was in love.

Shame the movement only lasted 4 days before it died. It has the 21K 7750 in it.

Sent it back to the dealer but claims that it was never received. I'm a little [censored] off at that. But the risk you take i guess.

Still heartbroken over it. Wont send items back to China again, Had a TAG Link chrono that was stuffed, sent it back, the dealer took months before they said it arrived and then sent it back still broken.

I wish i still had it, i got a sec at 9 APROO but dont love it as much as this one.

I love that watch as well. It is very frustrating as Concepta was offering a gen movement recently for that watch but with the wrong size case and dial it was a no go.

Seriously? How much was it going for. The genuine is a 21,600bph 37 jewel movement... Obviously.. half of the jewels being non functional pieces of expensive decoration...... haha

p.s. Just found out the official name and model number of this watch after some searching.... The model is "La Boutique Paris" Chronograph.. the reference number is 26041...

I was searching around to see if any of the 50 pieces are being sold anywhere on the internet.. apparently not... (no big surprise)

Here is the link:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Genuine-Audemar-...amp;hl=concepta

I was dying to buy it but as I said couldn't find the case and dial to put it in. Pity, just finishing a dial swap on my franken ROO and it would have been quite the pair. How often do you find a rep which is larger than the gen. :bangin:

I bought the watch and i was worried that i wouldn't like it, but when i opened the box, i was in love.

Shame the movement only lasted 4 days before it died. It has the 21K 7750 in it.

Sent it back to the dealer but claims that it was never received. I'm a little [censored] off at that. But the risk you take i guess.

Still heartbroken over it. Wont send items back to China again, Had a TAG Link chrono that was stuffed, sent it back, the dealer took months before they said it arrived and then sent it back still broken.

I wish i still had it, i got a sec at 9 APROO but dont love it as much as this one.

The same thing happened to me. I had this watch for a couple of months. Used it 5-10 times before the movement stopped. I had it shipped back to China in August 2008. The dealer claimed it never arrived. However, the shipment was insured and the post office started an investigation. After two months I got the message that it had been delivered by the chinese post office. I never told the dealer as I got tired of the situation. One time the dealer offered me a Breitling Navitimer when I asked for my AP (that watch belonged to someone else).

Anyway, the AP was very nice. I put an Oracle strap in kevlar on and it looked great. This watch actually caught attention. The first picture is my watch before I send it back (crappy picture (only for identification of the exact watch I shipped back) and with the rubber strap put back on). The second picture is of a gen Paris Boutique.

mar1.jpg

mar2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's a beauty for sure. Are the bezel screws smaller in diameter than the ROO bezel screws?

Same size screws.. same size case. As the ROO. This IS a ROO but with 3,6,9 dial and stainless steel screw down chrono buttons, the case is a pure Offshore case except for the chrono and crown gaurd. This watch is definitely a 42/43mm offshore

• 1 year later...

I am in the process of getting one of these and wanted to put an AP Bands strap on it.

Can anyone confirm this is what they refer to as "Older Generation Case ROO"?

Also, just to be on the safe side, can anyone confirm that it is possible to switch directly from the rubber to a strap without any conversions?

Many thanks.

If the earlier posts are correct they are using a similar case as the current Offshore. Based on the pics the correct strap would be the "newer generation" case. The older generation strap is used for the EOD's etc. where there are no links hanging off the case so the strap end is completely different. In terms of how the strap will fit the case I will guess that you will have to either play with the current endlinks to slightly enlarging the strap pin holes to allow for more play as the Apbands are somewhat thicker and a tad longer or you can buy their links but they are expensive.My watchsmith has always opted to use the original links on mine.

The one other thing I should add is that if you haven't already picked one up and have any worries about running into other folks wearing AP's or knowledgeable about them if it is truly the same size as the Offshore there is a noticeable difference in the size between the Oak chrono and the Offshore. I have seen them next to one another. Having said that the Paris boutique is one of the most stunning AP's out there in real life. I certainly have been tempted over the years. At some point I am hoping the dealers will wise up and make a properly sized one but I have no idea.

Thanks for all this information. I am now ordering the strap for the "newer generation", and hope that will fit.

As to the accuracy to Gen, I am not that concerned. It is a very rare beast and there are probably more reps than gens out there. To me the important thing is that it seems plausible, and from what Ihave seen of it, that will be the case. But I appreciate you highlighting this aspect as well. :)