When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Blacksteel with DLC Bracelet

jake48

First thanks and all credit due to Avitt. He did the work for me and it took some time to get it right, but boy was it worth it!

Here are some quick and dirty wrist shots. I put a few up so you could see the different shades the DLC shows depending on the lighting.

The DLC on the bracelet is definitely a shade darker than the watch, but in most lighting conditions it is not really that noticeable.

Avitt will be following up with a more detailed post with light box pictures of the watch and bracelet. So here are a few teasers...

bkstl.jpg

bkstl1.jpg

bkstl2.jpg

bkstl3.jpg

bkstl4.jpg

Nice. I have to say I love bracelets for their ease of grab and go. That looks great.

How about a shot of the clasp? The color looks pretty close...

-Ronin

I gave the watch to Avitt for a few more detailed pictures in a light box. He will be posting them as soon as he takes them. There will be some very detailed shots of the bracelet. The clasp came out reeeeealy good. I think he will try and have them up by the weekend.

Looks awesome! I'm interested in the process, did you brush the bracelet prior to the DLC or just use a stock polished one? Also, was the bracelet completely disassembled? How did the coating adhere to all the spaces between the movable links?

Guest avitt
Looks awesome! I'm interested in the process, did you brush the bracelet prior to the DLC or just use a stock polished one? Also, was the bracelet completely disassembled? How did the coating adhere to all the spaces between the movable links?

I plan to start a new thread which answers all of those questions later today or tomorrow.