When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to fix depression with regression

fotoman

so, i've been freaking out, bankruptcy no cash, ugly

my usual panic attack pill weren't cuting it today - started jamming out to my teenage metal - Chains, Metallica, Dream Theater

and i got work done, somehting kicked in

then traffic was [censored] up because of a train

open all the windows blasting And Justice For All to Ear Blasting (in my lincoln mkx, which i am about to turn back for a civic)

i was squeeling out driving like a maniac RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

METAL METAL METAL

only thing that cut though the panic

i figured out if my wife leaves me, i'm going to go be a metal drummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a

Good way to go bud, I done it for years and loved every second of it!! Travel around, see the world, see more female flesh than you thought existed, more drugs than you thought was possible and whiskey for breakfast!! Breakfast of champions! It's the way forward my friend!!

yeah, wife problems, money problems, no credit, bla bla bla bla

i had a total meltdown this week

the metal really did help. Still very fragile - cried at the end of battlestar gallactica - which was awesome, BUT anyway

seriously, i totally regressed, drove like crazy kid

To be honest, i don't know if its regression? or the music being a real part of my DNA. long long family lines, there maybe some of both. Primal, vrs regression

i wish it was more fun than mentally stabilizing.

but the good news is, i'm SOOO poor i'm going to talk to the forum about selling some of my pens. I have a model that is Tricky, but i have perfected and there will be some AWESOME models, AWESOME stuff,

i think you guys are going to like them :)

got to get some go ahead. there wont be ALOT, they are all 1 off pieces, all different in small ways never 2 the same. all bad ass in their own way.

i really really love them. Everyone i have shown them to has flipped out - but i think i'm onto something really special that fits right into the trend were in.

couldn't agree more

nothin can release stress more than listening to [ The Call Of Ktulu - Metallica ] !!!

give u enough energy to kick the whole world's asses! the S&M version would make u kick their asses with elegance and style!

my life would be meaningless without metal!

Rock on...!

couldn't agree more

nothin can release stress more than listening to [ The Call Of Ktulu - Metallica ] !!!

give u enough energy to kick the whole world's asses! the S&M version would make u kick their asses with elegance and style!

my life would be meaningless without metal!

Rock on...!

still feel bad for him getting that burn

got to do security for a metallica concert - load album, my job was to make people from the seats in the arena from jumping to the floor. So basically got a front row ticket for the show - paid for it, and some guy gave me 20 bucks to let him jump down

no offers for [censored]s. One of my other fraternity brothers did. he turned it down

ahhh, the mid 90s

i envy u my friend, i would kill to go to a metallica concert!

they're living legends, and the new album KICKS ASS!

but not as the pre 90s ones

food for my soul!

i think thats the onlytime i saw them - where do yo live, they will tour again

good show

dream theater=better concert :)

Oh i like this.....

im tired of all those souls that complain and cry and.....[censored].............................. [censored] happens..its a damn well known fact!..and to be honest, until not so long ago, my life hit the lowest possible level......then i got my grip back and know im living my dream..im still scared as [censored]..but i made it...and nothing comes close to that.......you have that previlege ...few people have it..........so, ill use the typical " [censored] happens for a reason"..mostly..cause it does, either you decide to correct that, or you just waste your miserable life trying to deal with the fact that you didnt survive, while others made it.............. so.. i cant help to feel identify with your situation, and mostly, i couldnt dare to read that post whitout sending some treatment your way. so here it goes (cause i wouldnt dare to ruin that liberating feeling you are experiencing..) :

Soundgarden " blow up the outside world" ........... youtubeit, and absorve the lyrics..its damn refreshing!!!!

:) that will make you feel better mate..and remember, only death has no solution..so, retaining the obvious message.. your attitude will make you survive and laugh about all this really soon..and that is a promise

P.S. Hondas are like "quartz" ...they wont ever let you down..focus on that..

cheers mate

A.

i think thats the onlytime i saw them - where do yo live, they will tour again

good show

dream theater=better concert :)

they tour all around EU every year so im sure that ill be catching one of their concerts,

i like dream theatre too, most of their old stuff, but sometimes u cant lsn to 2 songs in a row, gives me a headache, just my honest opinion!

i love liquid tension, there instrumental project without vocals, outta this world!

and btw if u see me in person, i look exactly like john petrucci!!!

but i'd rather watch Metallica in concerts, i've been listening to there music since i was 12, so to me they are gods!

Amen to that Pho ! im 41 i have a 3yo & 1 on the way ;) ,, & yes the job situation is very unstable here in NYC too , but never the less once im in my car the 1st think that comes out of my car speakers is Metal from the 80's ;)

try blasting at 5:30 am pantera's cowboys from hell :bleh: .. that [censored] gets the blood flowing & nothin gets in my way that day , no matter how full of [censored] is my supervisors & my [censored] boss ! ..

i also like to blast queensryche " take hold o the flame ! " ..

when i get home i have a 6 string to release additional stress ;) .

plus i took up guitar building & let me tell you , its a stress reliver check out my 3rd build ;) all from unfinished wood ;) .

DSC00499.jpg

and this my friend is my pride n joy ;) the holly grail of 80's metal guitar kramer nightswan ;)

it will be complete this summer when i can paint ;) .

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

i wouldn't risk ruining my guitars

i have an ESP F-50 and an Epiphone which is un-paintable, the F-50 is too preciouse to play around with so ill keep it hangin in the corner of my bedroom

im gona have to pull out my good ol Marshall and get back to annoyinf the fu*k outta my neighbours,

i fu*kin miss it!

Getting to play drums with Motley Crue was my coolest one! Played in a load of glam/sleaze bands in the late 80s early 90's, but that was definately the coolest one!! Playing Wildside on those drums, insane!!!!

Pantera - yes, i agree, never got into them, but they would hvae worked well.

soundgarden - they were one of the bands that got me into metal ;) i remember listening to that over produced snare drum for the first time. i love those guys.

everyone else - i pretty much agree too :)

Liqued tension is the shiznit, if you like it - check out Jeff Kollman and Cosmo Squad. More groovy than LTE but the talent is the same level

i'm feeling a little better today, i think that the metallica treatment really did help.

re: looking like petrucci. I had front row tickets for a G3 show - petrucci, vai and satriani - (ok, all guitar guys let your jelousy out) there will be nothing to ever rival that experience. although there was 1 time i had front row standing to zack wylde jam session, he was like 8 inches away from, i don't think he showered

anyway - i took my 6 month old baby to a john petrucci guitar clinic :) in the baby bjorn :) he played his whole G3 show with a backing tape.

other great concerts anyone? :)

This is a great thread, just what I needed to be reminded of.. and let me chime in with my experience: Few months ago I was extremely depressed.. well, it hasn't been cured but let me tell you, loading up my ipod with "Dirt", "Facelift", "Master of Puppets, "And Justice For All"... has done wonders. Seriously! One night i stayed up for hours listening to these albums and others (Weezer's "Pinkerton", Pantera's "Cowboy's From Hell", Radiohead's "The Bends" and "OK Computer"...etc.).. and somehow it was so therapeutic. I don't understand why, but it helps.

Edited by swissaddict

Getting to play drums with Motley Crue was my coolest one! Played in a load of glam/sleaze bands in the late 80s early 90's, but that was definately the coolest one!! Playing Wildside on those drums, insane!!!!

thats awesome my top was i had a jam band with a trumpet player that toured with buddy rich. i'm only 34, so i'd probably have rather played with the crue, :) But :)

swiss addict --- SO FUNNY this whole day started out with me jammin to tunes in my office, hten one of the paralegals came by she likes concerts shes in my same age group, so it was cool to find someone to go with, i have no friends left that will go

Anyway - i was making my pitch for DIRT being one of the top 5 or 10 best Metal albums of all time.

so, the crazy music started with chains. The damn traffic had me turn the notch up to and justice though :)

this forum has always been more than a band of watch addicts, friends - good times and bad :)