When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Planet Ocean Eta 2836 Or Eta 2824

t

i am interesting about Omega PO 45mm black bezel

but i see many different models. One with black numerals and other with orange numerals. Also one model with gold color 2836-2 and other wit nickel 2824-2

what is the difference and which model is the best version?

thanks friends :group:

but i see many different models. One with black numerals and other with orange numerals. Also one model with gold color 2836-2 and other wit nickel 2824-2

The Aspire version has the AR coated crystal (not sure if any of the other dealer's have this) and is available in rubber instead of SS (again, not sure if the other dealers have rubber to fit 45mm) all for only $169 & includes shipping :yeah:

thanks guys for your help :angry:

This question has been asked about million times. Actually it gets asked almost every week (at least twice). That's why you were probably ignored.

The short answer: There's no difference that would matter. Just buy the watch.

Edited by By-Tor

I think that the 2824 is a better movement. It's used in higher end watches as compared to the 2836. I noticed that a 2824 version offered by one of our dealers has a plastic movement holder while the dealer with the 2836 shows it with a metal movement holder. A metal holder is definetly nicer than the plastic holder. So I guess they both have their good and bad points. So, what are your priorities?

I'm surprised noone has chimed in the real answer. It is exactly the same movement, with the difference that one has a day and a date (2836). The 2824 only has the date.

By day, I mean the 3 character version: MON TUE WED, THU, FRI, SAT, SUN sometimes available in different languages.

It is simply a few extra parts and another disc--nothing else is different. Because they're the same movement design, watch companies purchase whatever is on sale. If they don't need the day of the week, they can take the disc out or leave it in--either way it's all the same.

The disc mecanism for the day adds a fraction of a millimeter in thickness. There is another variation which is the 2834 that has the full day spelled out (like a Rolex Day-Date)--again same movement design, but that one has a larger diameter module on the dial side (day of the week is a disc on the outside of the date wheel). yet another version is the 2846 but the difference there is the escapement and less jewels (and a slower beat of 21600).

You can probably still read up on these at www.eta.ch

For my experience choose a version "gold" in comparison to one "nickel" means the problem of the aging.

Because ?

I have experiment that "nickel" quickly becomes old in comparison to the "gold" version.

For example : bodily sweat, perfumes .... when enters to contact with the movement, the "nickel-version" is attached before the "gold-version".

Edited by MAHLER

For my experience choose a version "gold" in comparison to one "nickel" means the problem of the aging.

Because ?

I have experiment that "nickel" quickly becomes old in comparison to the "gold" version.

For example : bodily sweat, perfumes .... when enters to contact with the movement, the "nickel-version" is attached before the "gold-version".

Don`t understand! Is your caseback not closed tight enough? Why should sweat, perfumes get in contact with the movement when the caseback is tightly closed?

Don`t understand! Is your caseback not closed tight enough? Why should sweat, perfumes get in contact with the movement when the caseback is tightly closed?

This is the problem !!!

The watches are never sure !!!

One example : One of my Friend has made to check the impermeability of submariner before taking

the trip to Turkey. When has returned in Italy the watch had condenses of damp.

Very angry the man has gone from the center assistance in Rome. The problem of the submariner had been provoked by the passage by the warm one to the coolness.

The man after having been stretched out to the sun to tan was immediately plunged in sea. The thermal schock suffered by the gaskets of the watch had been fatal for its impermeability.

Edited by MAHLER