When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are your old hobbies sufferring like mine?

grilly

I've been hooked on reps for the better part of 5 months now and I'm starting to notice a change in some of my other passions. I used to be the guy that had to have the biggest and best golf driver every season. Yea, that's not happening this year as that $300 went to a Carlos Coste. I also build custom computer in my spare time and have built 10-15 over the past year, but only 1 over the past 5 months. I also don't find myself searching Newegg like I used to.

I've been busy trying to learn the basics of mods on this site. Between destroying my "projects" and searching to find out which piece I want next, I don't have the time or the funds for other hobbies.

I'm not going to ask if that is normal or not, because I don't want to know the answer ;) , but did the rest of you guys go through this when you first entered into this world?

Actually, no. I also collect antiquarian books and that hobby is even further out of control than reps - largely because the books are a LOT more expensive. I could easily buy 2-3 quality reps for what I pay for an average 150 to 400 year old book (my book interests are very specific and rather rare - hence the cost).

On the other hand, at least the books keep my watch buying under control - if not for that I'd probably be buying gens! ;)

Many of my hobbies have been pushed to the side with having kids...watches had always been in the back burner...and are now of continual interest...even though my buying has slowed. I've bought the ones I've always wanted...and am eyeing a few more possibles...but the watches are something I'm able to follow with the time I have available to me...unlike my other hobbies.