When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen UN Maxi Marine Chrono

AY CEE

Hi everybody,

I have a gen UN Maxi Marine Chrono (ref number 356-66-8/354 on the UN site) which I received as a gift 2 years ago.

The strap is begining to get worn out and I have been searching for a replacement.

The gen strap is way out of my price range and as such I have been waiting for a decent UN rep.

Well... we finally got it!

So, does anybody out there know if the strap of the new Maxi Marine Diver Chrono rep will fit my Maxi Marine gen?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You should sell it to someone who can afford a gen strap for it.

It was a gift, the giver would be crushed... :(

I think it would really be a shame to put a rep strap on such a beautiful watch.

Possibly, but considering the accuracy of this rep and the price of the gen strap it is certainly worth a try.

And no

Now that you are a bit more educated, waddaya say? ;)

I know how much they cost...it just still seems a waste to stick on a $90 rep strap or whatever the rep one costs on a $20,000 watch. Call me weird. :rolleyes:

Anyways...it sounds like you have the 356-66/354 and not the 346-66-8/354. The 354 is the bracelet...so none of the elements should be transferable. The 314 is the croc strap with deployment so it doesn't have all the additional elements of the rubber deployment.

The rep that is out I'm assuming you are referring to the MMD Chrono in RG.

If you note the rep MMD Chrono strap attaches to the lughorns very differently than yours:

99292026hb9.jpg

Lani's MMD Chrono Rep

356-66_354-1.jpg

Gen Pic of your model

...so you couldn't use those initial pieces connecting to the logo element from the lughorns. As well:

6.jpg

Rep MMD Chrono Clasp

356-66_354-3.jpg

I think this is your clasp isn't it??

You'll notice the clasps are very different so you couldn't recycle these either, as they mount differently. Your class should slide over a tang buckle compatible strap, while the MMD Chrono deployment attaches through holes in the cut rubber pieces.

To save money and get a decent strap...I would suggest contacting one of the good strap makers (like Aaron aka HKTan) and getting one custom made. It won't be rubber if that's what you wanted.

Good luck.

I feel educated. Thanks. :p:p

To save money and get a decent strap...I would suggest contacting one of the good strap makers (like Aaron aka HKTan) and getting one custom made. It won't be rubber if that's what you wanted.

Good luck.

I feel educated. Thanks. :p:p

Plus 1, get a custom strap, i dont think you would be happy with a rep strap on a watch like that no matter how good it was. you would always know. HK Tan will be able to make you something that suits and is personal to you for the price of a cheepish rep.

"Anyways...it sounds like you have the 356-66/354 and not the 346-66-8/354. The 354 is the bracelet...so none of the elements should be transferable. The 314 is the croc strap with deployment so it doesn't have all the additional elements of the rubber deployment.

The rep that is out I'm assuming you are referring to the MMD Chrono in RG."

Correct

"I think this is your clasp isn't it??"

Correct

"I feel educated. Thanks."

Not nearly as educated as I feel! :D

Toad, thanks a million!

You've been a great help!

For a moment there I thought all I was going to get was spellchecking, but I have finally gotten the response I was hoping for! :clap2:

No sweat. We're here to help each other out. BTW...nice piece!

If you find the forum has helped you...consider upgrading a supporter membership. You'll help keep the forum alive...support where you've gotten your info...AND get a free raffle ticket worth for the Omega PO Chrono...the ticket is worth almost 2 months of a Supporter subscription!!

Listen, if I were you, I would go to a UN dealer and just get a new gen strap. I think it is a fair investment to make.

Further, let me add that I am surprised a two year old high-end watch's bracelet is already showing signs of wear. For thousands of dollars it should last a little longer than that!