When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Some Fiddy Reassurance

logan1

I agree with Andy, it'll probably be worth filing 'the feet' of the CG to ensure a better contact between the crown and lever. I had to do the same thing on mine (same case number as yours) It's not tricky, just a bit time consuming, but well worth it in the end, to ensure a good closure of the crown :)

I'm sorry, I really don't want to hijack your thread because for a rep, it's looking damn good and God I have seen more than 10 fiddy reps heavily modded...but one thing kills me: the font is just grey, not off white on ALL reps, no matter who they come from. To be honest, you see it's a fake from soooo far away. People say that you gotta stuck your nose on the sapphire to see this detail, well, I strongly disagree!!!

Rep fiddies are just not to the level dial-wise. Just MHO

I agree with Andy, it'll probably be worth filing 'the feet' of the CG to ensure a better contact between the crown and lever. I had to do the same thing on mine (same case number as yours) It's not tricky, just a bit time consuming, but well worth it in the end, to ensure a good closure of the crown :)

I think I might if I feel confident enough to mess with it, or just leave it alone. Thank you for the suggestion!

I'm sorry, I really don't want to hijack your thread because for a rep, it's looking damn good and God I have seen more than 10 fiddy reps heavily modded...but one thing kills me: the font is just grey, not off white on ALL reps, no matter who they come from. To be honest, you see it's a fake from soooo far away. People say that you gotta stuck your nose on the sapphire to see this detail, well, I strongly disagree!!!

Rep fiddies are just not to the level dial-wise. Just MHO

You make a good point, and it's something I didn't think about. Personally, I've never paid attention especially since it's only pictures that I can go on and have yet to see a GEN in person.

Originally, I was trying to find an awesome out of the box 111H or 112H, but then came across this. I think i'm suffering from just a little buyer's remorse, but we'll see when the watch finally shows up at my doorstep.

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear your comparison to the other '10 fiddy reps' you've seen...That makes me feel better! :)

I think i'm suffering from just a little buyer's remorse, but we'll see when the watch finally shows up at my doorstep.

Hi there.

Buyers remorse? Why that? :huh:

It's a beautiful watch, man! You will find a flaw on any rep if you only look for it close enough. Actually, if you think about it, you are way better of with this lovely fiddy than with hundreds of expensive but extremely ugly gens! :D

I wish I could wear that PAM. It's simply too big for my arm.

Yours kindly

Valerian

Regarding the dialfontcolor !

The fiddy HAS what I have seen 3 DIFFERENT colors in the font , so there IS both greyish and White and OFF white on the font!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not accurate I'm afraid.

I have collected about 8 fiddies (reps), and seen many more in person.

Then with my gen 063, I went to a p.com GTG and saw 4 gen fiddies in the same evening. When I saw the font colour, I had a heart attack...

The grey is dead wrong, no matter how we fantasize that it is close to reality. It just isn't.

I was so disgusted, I saved and saved and was able to afford a gen fiddy. Which ALSO is off-white.

Please find us one single post on p.com or elsewhere of a gen fiddy with gray font and then I shall shut up forever :)

I'm really not trying to pretend I know everything, but I have researched this matter...well...a fair amount.