When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Radical method in fighting replications

valerian

No, it is not the same. There is a big difference between a 15 dollar album and a 20k watch. An album or movie ticket is pretty much affordable by all and there are not a whole lot of substitute goods for them. That industry has been hurt by piracy. A replica watch (or other luxury good) is not in the same ballpark.

I agree.

I know some folks who work in the Swiss watch industry and they are not too happy with business these days. Economy has gotten worrying for them as well, even the big names. Its worst for the small indy brands which is a shame, because it's there that the really cool watches are manufactured... And don't make the mistake to think everyone who helps producing a piece of horological luxury worth 20 k could afford that kind of luxury himself.

But these hard times are in no way caused by the copying of their products (the small brands wont get copied at all of course) whereas the music biz is falling apart because of it.

Yours kindly

Valerian

No, it is not the same. There is a big difference between a 15 dollar album and a 20k watch. An album or movie ticket is pretty much affordable by all and there are not a whole lot of substitute goods for them. That industry has been hurt by piracy. A replica watch (or other luxury good) is not in the same ballpark.

Although; I respect everyones opinion, I would have to say that you hit the bulls eye. Realy know comparison. :) $10-20$ is one thing. $10.000-20.000$ is something completely different. :mellow: Mike